ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay for Bank Holidays
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Pay for Bank Holidays
I started with Royal Mail on 26 April and my normal days off per week are Monday and Tuesday. I am part-time, 25 hrs a week, 5 hrs per day Wednesday to Sunday. Obviously, I won't normally be working on Mondays and wondered what happens regarding the many Bank Holidays that fall on Mondays, such as May Day 1 May. Should I be paid for this day or is it just my bad luck that my normal day off coincides with a Bank Holiday?
-
mucker#1
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:33
- Gender: Male
Pay for Bank Holidays
You should be credited with a day leave-in-lieu.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay for Bank Holidays
Sunday - are you a Mail Centre worker. ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Pay for Bank Holidays
I work in the callers' office on Sundays.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Pay for Bank Holidays
Mate you have been royally screwed you are working every weekend for the rest of your Royal Mail career.
I see those vacancies online and thought it was a typo,
Your days off are the easy days aswell. Royally screwed.
You are owed Leiu days for every bank holiday that falls on your days off.
I see those vacancies online and thought it was a typo,
Your days off are the easy days aswell. Royally screwed.
You are owed Leiu days for every bank holiday that falls on your days off.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Pay for Bank Holidays
maybe those days suit him that is why he applied and got job.South_London_Postie wrote:Mate you have been royally screwed you are working every weekend for the rest of your Royal Mail career.
I see those vacancies online and thought it was a typo,
Your days off are the easy days aswell. Royally screwed.
You are owed Leiu days for every bank holiday that falls on your days off.