ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election Material Payments
-
Locky1955
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
Hi
Can anyone give me a firm answer to these questions
I currently work indoors only due to a back pain problem and prep various rounds in the mornings and then cover the Callers Duties.
Usually the Posties who preps and delivers his/her own round will get the payments for that extra work, as I am prepping numerous rounds which soon will include this Election Material, will I be entitled to some of the payment usually given to the delivery person, for those rounds? Who should I talk to about this, I have already broached the subject with a Manager and got nowhere.
Question two
When rounds are lapsed how is this payment taken into account for the people who do the bit extra?
Hope someone can help.
Can anyone give me a firm answer to these questions
I currently work indoors only due to a back pain problem and prep various rounds in the mornings and then cover the Callers Duties.
Usually the Posties who preps and delivers his/her own round will get the payments for that extra work, as I am prepping numerous rounds which soon will include this Election Material, will I be entitled to some of the payment usually given to the delivery person, for those rounds? Who should I talk to about this, I have already broached the subject with a Manager and got nowhere.
Question two
When rounds are lapsed how is this payment taken into account for the people who do the bit extra?
Hope someone can help.
-
paulj3001
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:22
Election Material Payments
Q1 No, the payment is for Delivery of the item
Q2 Each person will have to count the amount they deliver
Q2 Each person will have to count the amount they deliver
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Election Material Payments
There is no clear agreement on this.
It would be fair, in my opinion, for you to share the payment with whoever delivers it.
But this would be down to an agreement between you and them.
You could always email Moya at justsayit@royalmail.com and see what she says.
It would be fair, in my opinion, for you to share the payment with whoever delivers it.
But this would be down to an agreement between you and them.
You could always email Moya at justsayit@royalmail.com and see what she says.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Election Material Payments
if there is 100 postal workers in the office then all the election money should be dividend by 100 as long they have been in work or involved with delivery/preparation. Do you think this is a fairer system or not ?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
seems to be screwing those with a longer delivery yet againDarren Bent wrote:if there is 100 postal workers in the office then all the election money should be dividend by 100 as long they have been in work or involved with delivery/preparation. Do you think this is a fairer system or not ?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
Longer delivery does not necessarily mean more calls though. Would probably be fair to share equally. But this might be last year ever so might as well fill your boots.Postie45 wrote:seems to be screwing those with a longer delivery yet againDarren Bent wrote:if there is 100 postal workers in the office then all the election money should be dividend by 100 as long they have been in work or involved with delivery/preparation. Do you think this is a fairer system or not ?
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
I would be in agreement with clashcity on this one. I don't think there's a definite agreement on this one. I have in the past witnessed in our office the preppers and deliverers split the election payment between them (for example a duty with 1000 poll cards, prepper claims for 500, deliverer claims for 500). I wouldnt have a problem with this myself. If you prep and deliver it, then claim it all, but if someone is prepping your frame, why should they not get paid for their extra workload 'cos you can't claim overtime for it.
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Election Material Payments
So what you are saying is a double prepper should get paid for half of his/her partners election payments as he/she has prepped them for him/herplaguelift wrote:I would be in agreement with clashcity on this one. I don't think there's a definite agreement on this one. I have in the past witnessed in our office the preppers and deliverers split the election payment between them (for example a duty with 1000 poll cards, prepper claims for 500, deliverer claims for 500). I wouldnt have a problem with this myself. If you prep and deliver it, then claim it all, but if someone is prepping your frame, why should they not get paid for their extra workload 'cos you can't claim overtime for it.
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
correct!fed_up_postie wrote:So what you are saying is a double prepper should get paid for half of his/her partners election payments as he/she has prepped them for him/herplaguelift wrote:I would be in agreement with clashcity on this one. I don't think there's a definite agreement on this one. I have in the past witnessed in our office the preppers and deliverers split the election payment between them (for example a duty with 1000 poll cards, prepper claims for 500, deliverer claims for 500). I wouldnt have a problem with this myself. If you prep and deliver it, then claim it all, but if someone is prepping your frame, why should they not get paid for their extra workload 'cos you can't claim overtime for it.the agreement is simple.... delivery staff claim for the DELIVERY of all election leaflets! Mail centre staff don't claim for sorting them so why would someone on light/indoor duties be able to claim for them
-
raymod
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
Can imagine the sudden wave of light indoor duties coming in the next 4 weeks or plenty of volunteers to double prep if that was the case. Simple solution don't put the election stuff in the frame. If I'm delivering I want paying regardless who prepped it.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
fed_up_postie wrote:So what you are saying is a double prepper should get paid for half of his/her partners election payments as he/she has prepped them for him/herplaguelift wrote:I would be in agreement with clashcity on this one. I don't think there's a definite agreement on this one. I have in the past witnessed in our office the preppers and deliverers split the election payment between them (for example a duty with 1000 poll cards, prepper claims for 500, deliverer claims for 500). I wouldnt have a problem with this myself. If you prep and deliver it, then claim it all, but if someone is prepping your frame, why should they not get paid for their extra workload 'cos you can't claim overtime for it.the agreement is simple.... delivery staff claim for the DELIVERY of all election leaflets! Mail centre staff don't claim for sorting them so why would someone on light/indoor duties be able to claim for them
I see where you're coming from, but can anyone find an agreement which says that payment is only for the DELIVERY of the poll cards.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Election Material Payments
No.fed_up_postie wrote:
So what you are saying is a double prepper should get paid for half of his/her partners election payments as he/she has prepped them for him/herthe agreement is simple.... delivery staff claim for the DELIVERY of all election leaflets! Mail centre staff don't claim for sorting them so why would someone on light/indoor duties be able to claim for them
In a van share you work as a team.
One preps, one is on IPS - it is a quid pro quo. You could always swap over.
In the original post, someone on light duties is prepping the election material for someone on delivery. It is all one way traffic (even if the are using a HCT).
So the solution is simple - either they agree to split the payment (which is fair and logical) or the selfish w****r on delivery can prep the election material themselves if they want to hog all the payment.
It is however encouraging to see that my DO isn't the only one staffed by pathetic little money-grabbing selfish people. I'm sure they are what made the trade union what it is today.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
I agree with clashcity. This happens in our office. POLL CARDS and ADDRESSED ELECTION MATERIAL are prepped by the one who delivers it so as they can claim all the money (or in a van share they split the money equally). Unaddressed election material is treated like a door to door (is not prepped) so the person delivering it can claim all the money.
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Election Material Payments
when 2 ft's are in our office one preps his frame and his partners while his partner preps 2 other frames.clashcityrocker wrote:No.fed_up_postie wrote:
So what you are saying is a double prepper should get paid for half of his/her partners election payments as he/she has prepped them for him/herthe agreement is simple.... delivery staff claim for the DELIVERY of all election leaflets! Mail centre staff don't claim for sorting them so why would someone on light/indoor duties be able to claim for them
In a van share you work as a team.
One preps, one is on IPS - it is a quid pro quo. You could always swap over.
In the original post, someone on light duties is prepping the election material for someone on delivery. It is all one way traffic (even if the are using a HCT).
So the solution is simple - either they agree to split the payment (which is fair and logical) or the selfish w****r on delivery can prep the election material themselves if they want to hog all the payment.
It is however encouraging to see that my DO isn't the only one staffed by pathetic little money-grabbing selfish people. I'm sure they are what made the trade union what it is today.
he claim not only his and his partners frame and 1/2 of the 2 other walks his prepped.
no he gets what he delivers