ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working for free

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Walking boots
Posts: 26
Joined: 12 May 2017, 21:30
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by Walking boots »

I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by datasaint »

Next time he does it, ask him, are you my manager?

You work for RM not him. :Applause
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by worktotime »

Walking boots wrote:I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
tell him to f**k off , i start on time because your dutys a doddle . lol .
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by South_London_Postie »

Literally look him in his face and tell him to go f**k himself
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by Kick the Bucket »

Walking boots wrote:I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
Walk slower just to spite him mate. Use the trolley, don't read and walk etc. When he brings it up, tell him to never question your starting time again.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by Creditshampoo »

Tell him he's working for free and to go f**k himself.

If be moans in any way about lapsing etc also tell him to go f**k himself. People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by cpsteve »

I hope you take your break when you are out most p/t workers i know dont and not many even know they can.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Working for free

Post by clashcityrocker »

Creditshampoo wrote:People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
So lapsing doesn't exist because - " our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time"?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Working for free

Post by steve1873 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
So lapsing doesn't exist because - " our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time"?
Perhaps it is easy and they finish before their time due to one of them going in to work early giving them a head-start on their indoor workload. Clearly this isn't the only driving factor for lapsing existing, but things like that certainly don't help!
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by number one »

No don't listen to advice in here. No need to start swearing as that could see you going down the conduct code. Just be civilised and explain that you start on your start time. Any further issues discuss with your manager.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Working for free

Post by yubin282 »

ask him if took his break