As per title, there are a lot of vacant rounds in our office (at least 20) we had an office revision/re-pick approx 3 years ago there have been no jobs advertised since then despite numerous people leaving. I've spoken to the DOM, he has no intention of advertising jobs (surprise surprise) spoken to union rep was told "that won't change" spoke to the area Rep and was told the same thing.
Am I right in thinking there is a national agreement in place regarding this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rounds not being advertised
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
its the same all over they are not replacing the leavers but I don't think its a cwu agreement , they just running offices on overtime now, ie people working days off and mopping up spares dutys and just expect everybody else to mop the indoor work up , so all the time people are doing this it wont change .
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Rounds not being advertised
I'm sure there is an agreement that says that a duty must be advertised after 6 months .
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
There is an agreement in the way forward( http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) looks like your reps have given up...w*****s.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
Same in our office with a so called strong union 6 full timers have left in the last year no2 to br made up and told they want another 120 hours out union where are u
-
tone123
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
I'm only very new with RM but I've seen this kind of thing elsewhere.
The only real solution is for the remaining staff to say no to overtime. If you don't do it then they'll very quickly get someone in to fill the post.
The only real solution is for the remaining staff to say no to overtime. If you don't do it then they'll very quickly get someone in to fill the post.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
Good luck with that. I would suggest not coming in early & working for nothing for a start.tone123 wrote:I'm only very new with RM but I've seen this kind of thing elsewhere.
The only real solution is for the remaining staff to say no to overtime. If you don't do it then they'll very quickly get someone in to fill the post.
Amazed by the amount of people who will come in an hour early for free every day no problem but ask them to lapse 15 mins one day and all hell lets loose.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Mynamesnotpat
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 21:32
- Gender: Male
Rounds not being advertised
Thanks for your replies, I've saved a copy of the national agreement I'll see if I can do anything with that