ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Double Bagging

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

Lad I worked with today was legging it around a Park and Loop delivery whilst carrying a bag on either shoulder today :crazy: Can't make this stuff up.
Kirsty952002
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
Gender: Female

Double Bagging

Post by Kirsty952002 »

There's a nut case in every office! I worked with a guy once, who essentially did the same. I told him to chuck some of the packets out and I will do them in the van, nope he was adiment he could carry 2 bags and jog at the same time, let him do it, his fault if he did his back in!
bigbazza
Posts: 113
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by bigbazza »

What the hell is wrong with these turnips. They are killing the job for everyone and they will be the first to cry when it's all over. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Double Bagging

Post by LouBarlow »

What is wrong with using a trolley?
ballsup
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 15:48
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by ballsup »

I thought double bagging was something totally different :oops:
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Double Bagging

Post by Clared »

LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Double Bagging

Post by LouBarlow »

Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
If you haven't got time to do the job with a trolley, cut off. As far as I'm aware you aren't supposed to have a bag on your shoulder any more. Why make the job more physically demanding than it has to be?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Justanotherstar »

Personally don't do it but can understand why some people might
It'd actually make more sense to put loops in 2 bags so the weight is distributed more evenly...don't end up lop sided by the time you come to retire then :chuckle
abzo
Posts: 42
Joined: 11 Jul 2016, 00:36
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by abzo »

I have seen quite a few in my office who do double bagging, they carry mail in one bag and parcels in the other just so they can finish quickly. But what they dont realise is it will affect them later in life. And the lwts are pretty much non existant in my office, only saw one for the first time last week and that was used because the guy was on the longest walk in the office with many parcels/letters which he couldnt carry as he has a dodgy back :crazy:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Double Bagging

Post by k979aaa »

And I thought this was about saving on poll card payouts and overtime at the same time so they can save themselves tea bagging the DOM AND MOYA!
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by worktotime »

Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
time consuming :arrrghhh , its part of your job using a trolley ? but if you use a lwt you wouldn't have to carry a bag and throw your parcels out for the driver to do :crazy:
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by worktotime »

Kick the Bucket wrote:Lad I worked with today was legging it around a Park and Loop delivery whilst carrying a bag on either shoulder today :crazy: Can't make this stuff up.
what a f***ing idiot :crazy: . I hope you made him wait for you in the van till you finished your loops . :thumbup
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by woopesh »

ballsup wrote:I thought double bagging was something totally different :oops:
Yeah. The same. I thought it was when you put one carrier bag in another carrier bag for heavy items like bottles of water down the supermarket. :coolr
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by bustedflush »

ballsup wrote:I thought double bagging was something totally different :oops:
Same here! The last time I double bagged anything was when I took the missus out last week, although I did cut holes so she didn't suffocate - sort of 'responsible bagging'. :Very Happy

I have confess I did this a few times when say I only had a few light bundles for a loop band some bulky but light packets, so I'd sling them over the other shoulder.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

woopesh wrote:
ballsup wrote:I thought double bagging was something totally different :oops:
Yeah. The same. I thought it was when you put one carrier bag in another carrier bag for heavy items like bottles of water down the supermarket. :coolr
You must be getting too much docket if you can afford TWO carrier bags! :dance