ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Floater out of order
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Polling cards came into my office over the weekend my day off Monday come in this morning the floater has put every polling card in from the walk bagged himself approx £112 I go home with not a carrot, he will do the same on the other walks in the next few days, this needs to be stopped..Greed! would he do my D2ds all in one go? I think not...Fuming.com
-
Supermac0151
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
That is out of order mate! He'd be fed to the lions in our office if that happened. I hate the polling card payment system coz there's too much of a grey area it should be fairer. We are all putting them out.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Luck of the draw I'm afraid. Not the floaters fault it was your day off when they came in. Nothing lost because nothing gained.
How can he do it yo all the other walks ifvthey came in yesterday?
How can he do it yo all the other walks ifvthey came in yesterday?
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
We have till the end of the week to deliver them so he was on another walk today throwing in much more than he should he will do the same Thursday and Friday till they start wearing thin.number one wrote:Luck of the draw I'm afraid. Not the floaters fault it was your day off when they came in. Nothing lost because nothing gained.
How can he do it yo all the other walks ifvthey came in yesterday?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Mine is the reverse of this, polling cards in today, 3 days to deliver, floater delivers bugger all. Now I have 2 days to deliver all of them. 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
you mean he delivered them all or just prepped them into frame ?
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Delivered them all.Postie45 wrote:you mean he delivered them all or just prepped them into frame ?
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
We get times three to every house, some might have 1 card some might have 7 so the agreement is x 3 or something like that.wacko74 wrote:£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Floater out of order
Same happened to me last election. Two lots of election leaflets turned up on my day off both got delivered by someone covering, claimed for both but left that days D2Ds! Basically It's just tough luck apparently! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
raymod
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
I hope they come in on my day off. My floater is welcome to them.
I would not take that days d2d if they by passed them for the poll cards though. That is their workload
I would not take that days d2d if they by passed them for the poll cards though. That is their workload
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Are you really going to begrudge a PT person making themselves a few extra quid. As a FTer you already get better basic pay, better sick pay, better holiday pay.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Who said he is a part timer mate?norm wrote:Are you really going to begrudge a PT person making themselves a few extra quid. As a FTer you already get better basic pay, better sick pay, better holiday pay.
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Floater out of order
Easy for some walks. I have 1200 delivery points on my walk. At an average of 2 poll cards per residence I'll have well over that.wacko74 wrote:£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Floater out of order
If I went in and someone had done all the poll cards, I'd be over the moon. I hate the damned things.
I want to start on time and go home on time and not have any stupid 'extras'.
We have to count 1000's of bits of paper? WTF it's 2017.
I want to start on time and go home on time and not have any stupid 'extras'.
We have to count 1000's of bits of paper? WTF it's 2017.