ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Conduct code for RTA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Conduct code for RTA

Post by 19times »

I found out that I am invited to a conduct code meeting regards a minor RTA I had the other week on Friday, what can I expect?

I have never been in a conduct code situation before. I have had some professional driver training since and classed as 'low risk'

I am currently driving and have been since the incident.

Any ideas Guys? I thought I'd get a verbal warning/slapped wrist but seems not :sad:
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Conduct code for RTA

Post by Postie45 »

Best advice is get your union rep involved both now and if they still insist on a conduct meeting make sure to take your rep with you
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Conduct code for RTA

Post by rehabron »

19times wrote:I found out that I am invited to a conduct code meeting regards a minor RTA I had the other week on Friday, what can I expect?

I have never been in a conduct code situation before. I have had some professional driver training since and classed as 'low risk'

I am currently driving and have been since the incident.

Any ideas Guys? I thought I'd get a verbal warning/slapped wrist but seems not :sad:

As far as I am aware the use of the conduct code in RTA is inappropriate. See link to LTB.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=46440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Conduct code for RTA

Post by Destiny »

They suspend the procedure if driver behaviour is in breach of conduct standards.
If your Rep is clued up then talk to him otherwise speak to area H&S first.

Seen this numerous times lately, something's happening on a national scale! :shhhhh
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Conduct code for RTA

Post by 19times »

Thanks all, got the area Rep involved but will speak to the local Rep tomorrow must admit it's getting me down to the point of some silly thoughts :thumbdown