ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving allowance
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Driving allowance
Anyone On delivery still get the driving allowance? I know a few people who get around £32 a week drivers allowance but I've heard this was stopped a while ago. I believe it's for driving the bigger vans (sprinters, boxers etc).
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Driving allowance
I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week 
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
Driving allowance
The bigger the van the more you get! £32 a week is for driving the big Peugeot boxer or Mercedes sprinter vans.glenfiddich wrote:I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Driving allowance
Bloody hell I drive a Vauxhall combo occasionally and I get over £450 a weekglenfiddich wrote:I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Driving allowance
heard there stopping all this driving allowance and grand father rights phg allowance etc to fund a pay deal and change so they should. I get 6 pound a week allowance grand father rights in my wages and wouldn't be bothered if mine got takin off me to fund this

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Driving allowance
Its not just that they want. Its all legacy payments and bonuses. They are doing it under the guise of a simplified pay structure helps us allmaisymoo04 wrote:heard there stopping all this driving allowance and grand father rights phg allowance etc to fund a pay deal and change so they should. I get 6 pound a week allowance grand father rights in my wages and wouldn't be bothered if mine got takin off me to fund this![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Driving allowance
When were driving allowances introduced?
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Driving allowance
Not to sure when they started but they stopped them about 15 Years ago, I was gutted had I started on the vans A week earlier I would have had it,number one wrote:When were driving allowances introduced?