ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by iHateD2Ds »

One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!

Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
I_Take_My_Breaks
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by I_Take_My_Breaks »

iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!

Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
No such thing as banking of hours. Management are 100% wrong. Get them to pay up.
seeker019
Posts: 203
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 16:49
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by seeker019 »

There's an overtime ban in my office plus they want to cut indoor hours to the bone. :roll:
Trust Royal Mail? God help us all.....
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by eastie »

seeker019 wrote:There's an overtime ban in my office plus they want to cut indoor hours to the bone. :roll:
don't go over and bring it back then :roll:
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by worktotime »

iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!

Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
tell your rep if you have one and don't go over until your paid what you are owed, :wave
and if they don't pay stick a grievance in for with holding your money .
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by woopesh »

There is banking of hours during the same pay week. I have been told so by union reps and managers. This being Royal Mail I asked everyone I could. Also, everyone I know, and I mean everyone, has had problems with overtime being paid on time, some more frequently than others. As a reserve, I chase unpaid overtime on a third of my payslips between various offices. Some managers deliberately don't pay. I think for most of them though its low down their priority list.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

woopesh wrote:There is banking of hours during the same pay week.
I haven't seen or heard of that agreement I'd like to see it. It certainly isn't a National Agreement. I think they have caused confusion by applying the 30-minute flex incorrectly. it shouldn't be used for everyday occurrences such as overtime etc. It should only be used in unplanned or unforeseen circumstances such as a lorry or sorting machine breaking down, or a fire in the office.

It also shouldn't be used for covering sickness and certainly shouldn't be used because they didn't have enough work on one day, and too much on another.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by Nigel1505 »

Overtime...............What's that. 6.30 til 2.30 that's enough.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by robbertwhitton »

What a well managed and fair system this overtime debakal has become,? And they wonder why nobody wants it or does it anymore,it obviously varies from office to office,depending on how efficient you are or are not?? And I don't want to be begging for 30 mins here and there or whatever,I have enough to do thankyou,and not a fan of people getting it and still going home before me and there time ,I'm funny like that !!
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by woopesh »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
woopesh wrote:There is banking of hours during the same pay week.
I haven't seen or heard of that agreement I'd like to see it. It certainly isn't a National Agreement. I think they have caused confusion by applying the 30-minute flex incorrectly. it shouldn't be used for everyday occurrences such as overtime etc. It should only be used in unplanned or unforeseen circumstances such as a lorry or sorting machine breaking down, or a fire in the office.

It also shouldn't be used for covering sickness and certainly shouldn't be used because they didn't have enough work on one day, and too much on another.
Interesting. So it can be a local agreement? Maybe the union reps I have talked to have been in cahoots with management?

Also, I always wondered. How is it trueblue that you know so much and how would one go about getting your level of knowledge?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I am one of the sad ones that read all the agreements cover to cover. I am also lucky enough to have a good recall for facts and figures, probably because some of my many jobs include 3 years as personnel administrator, 3 years as a Personal Administrator, and 2 years as a specialised quasi-legal clerk, all those help me remember things that affect me and my colleagues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by Destiny »

iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!

Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
Failing reaching sensible outcome I'd get you too put a grievance in and get the Rep to put a disagreement, emailing also by PDF to all relevant party's also. :dance

If it's job & finish at yours then don't bother as outcome will far out way 30 mins.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by woopesh »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am one of the sad ones that read all the agreements cover to cover. I am also lucky enough to have a good recall for facts and figures, probably because some of my many jobs include 3 years as personnel administrator, 3 years as a Personal Administrator, and 2 years as a specialised quasi-legal clerk, all those help me remember things that affect me and my colleagues.
Are they all online somewhere? Would love to be as sad as you.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

We have got most in the downloads section and some of the Unions Branch websites are gold mines Particularly Eastern No5.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?

Post by woopesh »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We have got most in the downloads section and some of the Unions Branch websites are gold mines Particularly Eastern No5.
Ta.