ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pda Navigation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

pda Navigation

Post by Kings Norton »

How can one turn off the pda Navigation every little cul de sac I go down it sparks off about turn around and go back but I never even set it, its doing my head in every day even tried to turn the volume down but when I scan a packet the volume comes loud again, its going under a big wagon if it continues. any idea guys?
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

pda Navigation

Post by CPTNemoUK »

You could always stick it under a big wagon :Very Happy . I know what you mean though. Many of time it just randomly starts giving me directions for no reason. :arrrghhh
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

pda Navigation

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Kings Norton wrote:How can one turn off the pda Navigation every little cul de sac I go down it sparks off about turn around and go back but I never even set it, its doing my head in every day even tried to turn the volume down but when I scan a packet the volume comes loud again, its going under a big wagon if it continues. any idea guys?
Do as it says :thumbup and then when you bring back half your mail a manager will make sure he explains how it works. :Applause :nana
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

pda Navigation

Post by Glenno »

Whilst delivering hit the power button and the PDA is then locked until you hit the power button again which then awakes the PDA simples :wave :wave
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

pda Navigation

Post by number one »

I have managed to do all kinds of things with the new PDA's in error but when I try and do it again I can not figure out how I did it. I've dialled 999, put the sat nav on, turned it into a camera, turned the volume down/off. A quick press of the top button seems to reset then just carry on as normal.
lostinthepost
Posts: 20
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 16:05
Gender: Male

pda Navigation

Post by lostinthepost »

Not sure how to turn off the actual sat nav, but you can turn off the robot lady by cancelling the route from within the app.
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

pda Navigation

Post by sussexlad »

Just hold down the power button and press reset. When the PDA restarts the sat nav will not be active.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

pda Navigation

Post by Interested-seeker »

number one wrote:I have managed to do all kinds of things with the new PDA's in error but when I try and do it again I can not figure out how I did it. I've dialled 999, put the sat nav on, turned it into a camera, turned the volume down/off. A quick press of the top button seems to reset then just carry on as normal.
Hi there,

How do you put the sat nav on?