ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trimble Rubbish

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Trimble Rubbish

Post by 19times »

Anyone get on with this?

I got taken to task about this saying my van is the worst in the office/region yet it isn't just me who uses it :crazy:

I got showed a chart which went right over my head to be honest. I have never been told about this gizmo before I started using this particular van - the other vans I used in the past didn't have them fitted .


I managed to return the van at the end of the duty with it showing green :shock: which was an achievement as it seems very sensitive really.

I read the other long thread on this but wanted to let off some steam because it seems I'm being singled out here. :sad:

Thoughts?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Justanotherstar »

They're bollocks...you can't even go round a round about without it beeping...luckily the one in my van seems to be broken :chuckle

You can buy a signal blocker but chances are you'll lose your job lol
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Trimble Rubbish

Post by glenfiddich »

A few years ago I was hauled up before the dom with one of these readouts harsh braking and accelerating and I'm sorry to say lots and lots of speeding but all I had to do was point out my finishing time which was 20 mins past my finish time so even with tearing round like a blue arsed fly I still couldn't make time nothing else was said apart from the odd comment in wtl that he had concerns about my driving :shhhhh
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Trimble Rubbish

Post by 19times »

Thanks guys, nothing to worry about then?

I like to think I drive ok and more importantly safely or try to be.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Creditshampoo »

Tell your manager to sod off and you don't care what the computer says
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Justanotherstar »

Pretty sure someone said they aren't allowed to view how you drive without you being there anyway, although I think they're allowed to track your movements without you being there (I could be wrong...)
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by woopesh »

I drove a Vauxhall combi with a jerky auto gearbox, the trimble thing beeped at me with every gear change and ended up on amber at the end of the drive. Its useless.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Trimble Rubbish

Post by LouBarlow »

Unless every van in your office has a trimble fitted, bung a grievance in for discrimination. They shouldn't be being used for conduct purposes anyway. At least not yet.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by borgpicard »

Justanotherstar wrote:They're bollocks...you can't even go round a round about without it beeping...luckily the one in my van seems to be broken :chuckle

You can buy a signal blocker but chances are you'll lose your job lol

Magnet from a hard drive should do the trick
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Ask the manager to put all off his concerns in writing ( they'll bottle it for fear of an HARRASSMENT case )
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Trimble Rubbish

Post by bogstandard »

Or be ultra cautious and do what it takes to ensure that it NEVER bleeps. Other work may suffer but it shows we have taken on board what was said and are adjusting our driving styles accordingly.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Norsegold
Posts: 15
Joined: 14 Oct 2016, 11:04
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Norsegold »

Whats the latest agreement on trimble ?
Thought it couldn't be used in conduct cases
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Trimble Rubbish

Post by 19times »

Thanks all, I seem to be looking at the bloody thing more now and it's very off putting :arrrghhh

I also checked who's used the van in the past month and there are 5 other names :roll: I have used it 10 times over the period he's talking about. He said he'll be talking to the others but I very much doubt it.

I think he hates us :nervous
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Shaders »

The trouble is, when you work for a company that is running at very near 100% efficiency things like Trimble is all the managers have to worry about..
There is nothing larger for them to concentrate on, everything else is running like a Swiss watch. :roll:
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Aload of them in my office have been pulled off. you find them in the glove box or just lay about in the van. :left: