ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving allowance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Driving allowance

Post by fed_up_postie »

Anyone On delivery still get the driving allowance? I know a few people who get around £32 a week drivers allowance but I've heard this was stopped a while ago. I believe it's for driving the bigger vans (sprinters, boxers etc).
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Driving allowance

Post by glenfiddich »

I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week :shhhhh
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Driving allowance

Post by fed_up_postie »

glenfiddich wrote:I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week :shhhhh
The bigger the van the more you get! £32 a week is for driving the big Peugeot boxer or Mercedes sprinter vans.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Driving allowance

Post by gb93 »

glenfiddich wrote:I drive a Vauxhall combo van and get £6 a week :shhhhh
Bloody hell I drive a Vauxhall combo occasionally and I get over £450 a week
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Driving allowance

Post by maisymoo04 »

heard there stopping all this driving allowance and grand father rights phg allowance etc to fund a pay deal and change so they should. I get 6 pound a week allowance grand father rights in my wages and wouldn't be bothered if mine got takin off me to fund this :cuppa :angel :angel :angel :angel
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Driving allowance

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maisymoo04 wrote:heard there stopping all this driving allowance and grand father rights phg allowance etc to fund a pay deal and change so they should. I get 6 pound a week allowance grand father rights in my wages and wouldn't be bothered if mine got takin off me to fund this :cuppa :angel :angel :angel :angel
Its not just that they want. Its all legacy payments and bonuses. They are doing it under the guise of a simplified pay structure helps us all :Sick :Sick
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Driving allowance

Post by number one »

When were driving allowances introduced?
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Driving allowance

Post by woody38 »

number one wrote:When were driving allowances introduced?
Not to sure when they started but they stopped them about 15 Years ago, I was gutted had I started on the vans A week earlier I would have had it,