ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by stephen500 »

So they want to buy down legacy payments.
Well mine are worth around £2288 a year. Let's hope they are not planning to buy them out for £500.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by rubberbond »

I keep repeating myself, but I like the sound of it, however,they say they spend £100 million on sick pay, do they ever wonder why? It's all very well offering cars as prizes and patronising letters if you haven't been sick,but people go sick because they can't get the leave they want ,or they are being bullied by managers etc ,etc, but none of these are investigated or dealt with,when was the last time anyone heard of a manager being sacked for bullying :chuckle and harassment!
breakra
Posts: 10
Joined: 21 Jul 2015, 16:28
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by breakra »

The amount of times i had to read im payed more than a hermes driver....well good a hermes driver hasnt got to walk 9+ miles a day delivering parcels and letters its a more physically demanding job i wouldnt do it for any less
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by osgoody1970 »

we knew this was coming the minute they privitised royal mail, frankly, i'm surprised they have taken so long!!! but the only way to stand up to bullies, is!!!!
oypostie
Posts: 917
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by oypostie »

So one minute they talk about getting rid of legacy payments to make things fairer and the next minute they want to put new entrents on an inferior set of terms and conditions. What happened to the fairness !! :crazy: :crazy:
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by Bernardson »

Legacy payments are or were promises made in good faith. Many of our colleagues received recompense in return for sacrificing grade or duty. I do not receive any legacy payments and am not wracked with a sense of injustice but fully understand the present arrangements. :cuppa
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 966
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by britwrit »

As long as we have money to throw away on paying out dividends - no matter they really don't help our stock price - that's all that matters.
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by telithowitis »

I'm pretty new but don't have any problem with people having legacy payments, that's the contract they were offered when they joined and what I get is what I was offered when I decided to join. Good luck to them they should keep them.
Just read the document and frankly it makes my blood boil.
Nothing about management getting the business into the 21st Century with the right technology and equipment to save money.
Nothing about giving customers a better option e.g. I take 7-10 packets a day to one customer who is never in, spoke to them once they want to collect them from the depot but I have to spend an age writing out a 739 every day. Neighbours all fed up won't take them, manager moans to me about 1st time delivery rate!!!
Nothing about cutting the ridiculous amount of over paid managers their salaries and bonuses which some believe lead to abuse of staff in every DO, or the wasted money recruiting and training new staff who get misinformed at interviews and bullied into extra work when they start work. If the jobs that good Moya why do such a high amount of new recruits leave within weeks/months of starting?
Nothing about getting competitive - I recently needed to send a large heavy parcel which I did with a competitor for £20 less than parcel force quote. And Royal Mail letters may be down but I'm delivering more and more from competitors e.g. UK Mail - Get competitive!!!
I could go on and on ranting about the "propaganda" sheet I received through the post. Wish I realised what it was before I opened it so I could return to sender!!
We work hard and deserve fair renumeration.
If there is industrial action I suspect it's the precious shareholders who are likely to lose out more than us.
Rant over.....
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by fishtank »

I don't think they've done themselves any favours with this thing, it's very poorly written and seems to be aimed at 5 year olds. A cash bribe will probably see the end of the legacy payments though, it always has in the past.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by stephen500 »

fishtank wrote:I don't think they've done themselves any favours with this thing, it's very poorly written and seems to be aimed at 5 year olds. A cash bribe will probably see the end of the legacy payments though, it always has in the past.
I bet it won't be the £7500 I stand to lose in the next few years I have left.
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by trythat »

breakra wrote:The amount of times i had to read im payed more than a hermes driver....well good a hermes driver hasnt got to walk 9+ miles a day delivering parcels and letters its a more physically demanding job i wouldnt do it for any less
I've no idea what other companies pay their delivery staff and so far RM hasn't told me either. Not sure why RM thinks that if they keep repeating this crap, that it makes it truthful.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by k979aaa »

trythat wrote:
breakra wrote:The amount of times i had to read im payed more than a hermes driver....well good a hermes driver hasnt got to walk 9+ miles a day delivering parcels and letters its a more physically demanding job i wouldnt do it for any less
I've no idea what other companies pay their delivery staff and so far RM hasn't told me either. Not sure why RM thinks that if they keep repeating this crap, that it makes it truthful.
It's a bit like North Korea if you don't believe the propaganda you soon will when it hit's you hard it's the attitude of royal mail as well feed the staff with bullshit and next thing they rob you of your pay pensions and respect next time we will say thank our beautiful saviour MOYA great repressive leader of an empire don't forget RM now own international business. The propaganda this firm spends is unbelievable so all this bull about how they cannot afford this and that it's crap and the pillage of the workers will so begin who will stop them Theresa May? no chance she is a but a sheep with wolfs clothing nothing for the workers here. The Lib Dems you know them the party of indecision or the wrong decisions the greens we would have nothing but our bear arses if they got in SNP well your just voting for the conservative party to rule you! Only labour can win and save our futures and terms and conditions for no other party cares about workers rights!
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by Postie45 »

maybe when she starts getting a sensible salary they can come back to us about taking cuts

Royal Mail's Moya Greene reaps another £1.5m pay package

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ay-package" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by woopesh »

Legacy payments? What do you get the extra £2288 for?
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Securing our future leaflet - legacy payments

Post by bogstandard »

Postie45 wrote:maybe when she starts getting a sensible salary they can come back to us about taking cuts

Royal Mail's Moya Greene reaps another £1.5m pay package

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ay-package" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How is 25k a year too much but £1.5m a years isn't enough, what a world we live in. And to boggle the mind even more some on 25k or less will be arguing that £1.5 isn't enough for what she does and that 25k is too much for what we do.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP