ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank Holiday Pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jogod
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
Gender: Female

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by jogod »

Please could anyone confirm that the policy has changed so that if your day off falls on a bank holiday you can no longer be paid for it, you can only take it as a day owed?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by clashcityrocker »

I was asked today if I wanted the day in lieu or payment so I don't believe there has been a "change of policy".
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I have asked for it to be paid as overtime, it wasn't refused but I will have to wait to see if they pay it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by POSTMAN »

jogod wrote:Please could anyone confirm that the policy has changed so that if your day off falls on a bank holiday you can no longer be paid for it, you can only take it as a day owed?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=69286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jogod
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
Gender: Female

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by jogod »

I have been refused payment for Good Friday, they asked beforehand it I wanted payment or a day in lieu and I asked for payment, they are now saying that they are no longer going to pay me and I have to take the day off instead.
Zicomurphy
Posts: 578
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by Zicomurphy »

Had rest day on Easter Monday, I asked to be paid for it rather than day in lieu, got the money paid in this weeks pay.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by RobertT »

I think the new ruling from above, is that you have to tell management a week before your day off falls on a BH that you want the money, otherwise you automatically get a day off in lieu. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that varies from office to office.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by POSTMAN »

The link I posted (The global announcement) still stands.Nothing new has come out.
Baring in mind, weekly resource meetings should happen on a ....weekly basis, they are full of s**t.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jogod
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
Gender: Female

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by jogod »

Thank you! I will keep fighting on to get my money!!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Bank Holiday Pay

Post by maisymoo04 »

I got asked aswell day off or payment took payment nice noing getting paid for sitting in the pub :whistle :whistle :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"