ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Would you take EVR and why?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
poisonivy6
Posts: 16
Joined: 30 Nov 2016, 18:32
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by poisonivy6 »

Ive been in the job 21 years , if they offered me £25000 tomorrow I would bite their hand off.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by daveyeff »

hang on if you can.....if it all gets sorted this year they may be offering them hand over fist to reduce the workforce. you could get nearly twice that.....well 104 weeks pay anyway.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by DB1100 »

I would go,had well over 10 but below 30 (persec)
For we were soldiers once,and young
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by koolishy67 »

No
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by postslippete »

Make it around 30k-35K and I will walk away tomorrow.


With Moya comparing our company to Hermes and Yodel, her vision is a very bleak one for all of us still working in the industry. Especially as Yodel has been voted the worst parcel company for the last 2 years running and that the government was investigating Hermes last year because of its workers being paid less than the National Minimum Wage.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by hans solo »

28 yrs in and 52 i would be off like a shot
yes
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by clashcityrocker »

With 20 years left until retirement (state age) and with only 1 years money to find another job that pays as well as this in a struggling economy?
No thanks - I'll stick around for a bit longer.

I don't really understand all this - if they offered me x I'd be off like a shot - stuff.
If you are that unhappy in your working life, change something. You spend a third of your day at work.
A little pot of money isn't going to change anything.
I spend a third of my day asleep. If I couldn't sleep I'd do something about it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by iHateD2Ds »

Many peoplle,have taken £19K due to ill health retirement
But Taking £25k would be under selling yourself ,when others have received £40/45k.
Jambomatt1874
Posts: 168
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by Jambomatt1874 »

I think there'll be a long que of people desperate to get out. It wouldn't be so bad if there was other options than staying in delivery for the next 15-20 years but for me I'd bite there hand off and wouldn't be that hard to deal with
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by Ricardo44 »

clashcityrocker wrote:With 20 years left until retirement (state age) and with only 1 years money to find another job that pays as well as this in a struggling economy?
No thanks - I'll stick around for a bit longer.

I don't really understand all this - if they offered me x I'd be off like a shot - stuff.
If you are that unhappy in your working life, change something. You spend a third of your day at work.
A little pot of money isn't going to change anything.
I spend a third of my day asleep. If I couldn't sleep I'd do something about it.
I can see your point but the other side of it is that if someone of a certain age is unhappy in the job and its affecting their health and they want to make changes in their life then taking EVR or IHR is a way of doing it. Lifes too short and all that.

I'm sure there are many posties out there who had planned to stay in the job until they reach retirement age but due to the way the job has changed and the physical demands it puts on your body are now realising that they need to plan their lives differently.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by Darren Bent »

If I get 30 grand it would be 21 months pay so it would be great but only problem is not knowing if I will get a job quickly or not, but social networking will make it a lot easier now than say 15 years ago.
tmac
Posts: 163
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 15:25
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by tmac »

If I got 40K I would be off tomorrow.The job is a joke unrealistic targets absorb absorb spend most days throwing cut offs back in .
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep after 36 years I will go,so will hang on and hope they offer me it,it's a gutty slog now at 55 with management unable to manage get at all,it's far from fun,a penny pinching culture of fear am afraid!! Very sad but far removed from what you see in the courier
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Would you take EVR and why?

Post by postslippete »

clashcityrocker wrote:With 20 years left until retirement (state age) and with only 1 years money to find another job that pays as well as this in a struggling economy?
No thanks - I'll stick around for a bit longer.

I don't really understand all this - if they offered me x I'd be off like a shot - stuff.
If you are that unhappy in your working life, change something. You spend a third of your day at work.
A little pot of money isn't going to change anything.
I spend a third of my day asleep. If I couldn't sleep I'd do something about it.

Ive got one eye on the future and like anybody else I like to keep my options open, just in case I do have trouble sleeping at night :pray
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.