ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I've been looking for the thread but I can't find it. Has the payment of £30 stopped now?

I've been told by my Lino that RM need a letter from your GP annually. My last letter was dated March 2016 so I need another apparently. My GP will charge me £10 for this letter. Can I claim this back from RM?

Thanks in advance.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by number one »

Two payments of £30 a year (not much I know) ask your manager to find a copy of the GP note from last year and tell them your condition has not changed. If they want to be pain about it then book you doctors appointment at a time that will really inconvenience them.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

number one wrote:Two payments of £30 a year (not much I know) ask your manager to find a copy of the GP note from last year and tell them your condition has not changed. If they want to be pain about it then book you doctors appointment at a time that will really inconvenience them.
Thanks for that. They couldn't even find a copy of last year's note. I had to provide them with a copy. Typical Royal Mail!!!!!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
number one wrote:Two payments of £30 a year (not much I know) ask your manager to find a copy of the GP note from last year and tell them your condition has not changed. If they want to be pain about it then book you doctors appointment at a time that will really inconvenience them.
Thanks for that. They couldn't even find a copy of last year's note. I had to provide them with a copy. Typical Royal Mail!!!!!
someone posted a few weeks back payment is stopping in July.. so get in quickly £30 better in your pocket. AFAIK 1letter is all you need not 1 a year personally handed mine in 18months ago never been refused payment. check in downloads how it works.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by aiden01 »

Its under footwear reimbursement flowchart in downloads...
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Many thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Sorry, I can only find the flowchart, not the claim form! Help!!!!!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Can you still claim for footwear if you've got a GP note?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Sorry, I can only find the flowchart, not the claim form! Help!!!!!
You don,t need a claim form all you need is proof from GP or podiatrist.