ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Billthefish1
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Billthefish1 »

Would you pay for GORE-TEX(R) Trainers if you could get them at a very good price and they last?
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Ricardo44 »

I bought a pair of Merrell Moab goretex trainers..paid £90.00 for them.

They are waterproof,comfortable and the soles are very hard wearing.

I also have some Karrimor trainers which I got from Sports Direct which are pretty good but I can't walk in them for as long as the Merrels without my feet starting to ache.

You get what you pay for.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Pathfinder »

Indeed, bought a pair for £80 lasted over 6 months. comfy, fully waterproof and a worthwhile investment. Look after your feet and they will look after you :nana :chuckle
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Postie45 »

hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Ricardo44 »

Postie45 wrote:hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
You are right of course..BUT..needs must and after years of wearing crap RM footwear my feet were so bad that I started buying my own.

Too little too late..think my feet are damaged beyond repair.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by DB1100 »

Billthefish1 wrote:Would you pay for GORE-TEX(R) Trainers if you could get them at a very good price and they last?
No,I find they make my feet very hot and sweaty,I don't worry too much about them getting wet as I know I will soon be changing into dry socks and shoe's when I get home.
For we were soldiers once,and young
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by eastie »

I wear memory foam Sketchers, a lot lighter than the Royal Mail crap and can actually work without foot and heel pain.
Leave my others in the van just in case
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by robbertwhitton »

Mmmmmmmmmm nope!!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by baldrick »

I do a lot of walking and have various shoes and boots, including goretex ones. They are ok at keeping your feet dry in showers and light rain, but in steady heavy rain the water will get through.
Only waterproofed leather shoes/boots will keep out water over a long period.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by DB1100 »

Postie45 wrote:hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
Just keep a pair of worn RM crap in your van to change into before you report your accident.
For we were soldiers once,and young
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by rambo1 »

Ricardo44 wrote:I bought a pair of Merrell Moab goretex trainers..paid £90.00 for them.

They are waterproof,comfortable and the soles are very hard wearing.

I also have some Karrimor trainers which I got from Sports Direct which are pretty good but I can't walk in them for as long as the Merrels without my feet starting to ache.

You get what you pay for.
Try go outdoors, get a card for a fiver and they'll match any Internet price for same size and colour +10%. I always get my moabs this way, usually for about fifty quid for vents and 65 for goretex.
mr hil.
Posts: 422
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by mr hil. »

The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined
Billthefish1
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Billthefish1 »

mr hil. wrote:The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined
Yes you're right Mr.Hil but they've just been withdrawn to save money
Billthefish1
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
Gender: Male

GORE-TEX(R) Trainers

Post by Billthefish1 »

Billthefish1 wrote:
mr hil. wrote:The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined
Yes you're right Mr.Hil but they've just been withdrawn to save money
Would £50 + P&P sound like a good and fair price?