ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
-
Billthefish1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Would you pay for GORE-TEX(R) Trainers if you could get them at a very good price and they last?
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
I bought a pair of Merrell Moab goretex trainers..paid £90.00 for them.
They are waterproof,comfortable and the soles are very hard wearing.
I also have some Karrimor trainers which I got from Sports Direct which are pretty good but I can't walk in them for as long as the Merrels without my feet starting to ache.
You get what you pay for.
They are waterproof,comfortable and the soles are very hard wearing.
I also have some Karrimor trainers which I got from Sports Direct which are pretty good but I can't walk in them for as long as the Merrels without my feet starting to ache.
You get what you pay for.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Indeed, bought a pair for £80 lasted over 6 months. comfy, fully waterproof and a worthwhile investment. Look after your feet and they will look after you

-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
You are right of course..BUT..needs must and after years of wearing crap RM footwear my feet were so bad that I started buying my own.Postie45 wrote:hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
Too little too late..think my feet are damaged beyond repair.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
No,I find they make my feet very hot and sweaty,I don't worry too much about them getting wet as I know I will soon be changing into dry socks and shoe's when I get home.Billthefish1 wrote:Would you pay for GORE-TEX(R) Trainers if you could get them at a very good price and they last?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
I wear memory foam Sketchers, a lot lighter than the Royal Mail crap and can actually work without foot and heel pain.
Leave my others in the van just in case
Leave my others in the van just in case
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Mmmmmmmmmm nope!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
I do a lot of walking and have various shoes and boots, including goretex ones. They are ok at keeping your feet dry in showers and light rain, but in steady heavy rain the water will get through.
Only waterproofed leather shoes/boots will keep out water over a long period.
Only waterproofed leather shoes/boots will keep out water over a long period.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Just keep a pair of worn RM crap in your van to change into before you report your accident.Postie45 wrote:hmm are these royal mail approved ? if you have an accident on duty while wearing unapproved footwear then youll be to blame.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Try go outdoors, get a card for a fiver and they'll match any Internet price for same size and colour +10%. I always get my moabs this way, usually for about fifty quid for vents and 65 for goretex.Ricardo44 wrote:I bought a pair of Merrell Moab goretex trainers..paid £90.00 for them.
They are waterproof,comfortable and the soles are very hard wearing.
I also have some Karrimor trainers which I got from Sports Direct which are pretty good but I can't walk in them for as long as the Merrels without my feet starting to ache.
You get what you pay for.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined
-
Billthefish1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Yes you're right Mr.Hil but they've just been withdrawn to save moneymr hil. wrote:The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined
-
Billthefish1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32
- Gender: Male
GORE-TEX(R) Trainers
Would £50 + P&P sound like a good and fair price?Billthefish1 wrote:Yes you're right Mr.Hil but they've just been withdrawn to save moneymr hil. wrote:The YDS trainers Royal mail supplied are Goretex lined