ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by wheresourmoney »

I know i'm entitled to a day off in leu of a bank holiday falling within my annual holiday week but can i ask for the money instead, i know you can if the bank holiday day falls on your day off.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by joewyan »

wheresourmoney wrote:I know i'm entitled to a day off in leu of a bank holiday falling within my annual holiday week but can i ask for the money instead, i know you can if the bank holiday day falls on your day off.
Every time I have had holiday in a week with a bank holiday it just gives me back a day holiday so I only end up using 4 days for the week off. Not sure if they will consider paying, sorry
smileski
Posts: 185
Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by smileski »

No, the ' take the money ' rule only applies if the bank holiday falls on your day off.

If you book a week A/L that contains a B/H you use up one less day off your leave.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by feduppostie »

Not an option anymore on an annual leave week the PSP system only takes the working days off you - it does not include the bank holiday whether you were due to work it or not - so if you work a 5 day week it will only take 4 days leave from you.

So you are not owed anything back, I know this because I went and asked today and saw it for myself on the screen
Smir
Posts: 124
Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
Gender: Male

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by Smir »

I've got 3 Holidays yet to be added back on, they don't care at all.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

bank holiday falling in week of annual holiday

Post by 97gaz »

[