ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Monthly wages
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
Heard a strong rumour from the Union rep monthly wages are to be introduced in September.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
Its a RM proposal just like everything that is being talked about at the minute. Your union rep will not know ANYTHING for sure what is or isn't coming in.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
got to be voted on anyway. they can't just bring it in.
-
AceMark
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
I think they have already solved this problem with the announcement of their proposed over the top changes. I wreckon it will be voted in as part of a compromise between the CWU and RM.daveyeff wrote:got to be voted on anyway. they can't just bring it in.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
well that's probably right. I said all along that most of the crap they say they want in is a red herring anyway. most of us know that, and the monthly pay will be one of their ''real'' targets.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
-
AceMark
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
I don't understant why RM are still using pen and paper for things like this. One of RM's proposed changes is to introduce clocking in machines. Keeping track of overtime then wouldn't be down to the Dom. If they made us clock in and out of the building it would be automated and down to payroll. Any times that I was under paid with my previous employer was because I forgot to clock out. Easily solved with a phone call, and if I told them I needed the money to pay my bills I would be given an instant loan that was deducted from my next wage when the overtime went through.comeracing wrote:monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
This is a definite problem with monthly pay. Staff will have to keep note and make sure they sign for all their overtime, which in turn could mean you could end up questioning DOM about unpaid overtime from up to four weeks ago.comeracing wrote:monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Monthly wages
I personally don't have an issue with clocking in/out machines.
Just as long as managers are issued with cards too.
Just as long as managers are issued with cards too.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Monthly wages
Given the amount of times RM staff come in just a "little bit late" or go "just a little bit early" or "just nip over the shops for a bacon roll" time clocks should be the last thing they'd want.
As for monthly pay, all RM need to do is give fair warning of the change and do it by executive action. No voting or consultation required.
Bigger things to worry about than monthly pay, that's for sure.
As for monthly pay, all RM need to do is give fair warning of the change and do it by executive action. No voting or consultation required.
Bigger things to worry about than monthly pay, that's for sure.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
Monthly pay for non salaried staff is not that common in the business world especially outside the UK. If you factor in the complications with irregular overtime and the fact that in the e-commerce world doing a payroll run is nowhere near as complex or expensive as it used to be I would be surprised if royal mail push this too hard. Perhaps a compromise would be bi-monthly like mostmanual/unskilled jobs in the US and a move to e-payslips.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
Or just learn to manage your money better?Chitchat wrote:I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Monthly wages
why should we have to though? just cos it suits them?....bollox.smok3y666 wrote:Or just learn to manage your money better?Chitchat wrote:I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.