ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Monthly wages

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by Kings Norton »

Heard a strong rumour from the Union rep monthly wages are to be introduced in September.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by number one »

Its a RM proposal just like everything that is being talked about at the minute. Your union rep will not know ANYTHING for sure what is or isn't coming in.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by daveyeff »

got to be voted on anyway. they can't just bring it in.
AceMark
Posts: 50
Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by AceMark »

daveyeff wrote:got to be voted on anyway. they can't just bring it in.
I think they have already solved this problem with the announcement of their proposed over the top changes. I wreckon it will be voted in as part of a compromise between the CWU and RM.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by daveyeff »

well that's probably right. I said all along that most of the crap they say they want in is a red herring anyway. most of us know that, and the monthly pay will be one of their ''real'' targets.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by comeracing »

monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
AceMark
Posts: 50
Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by AceMark »

comeracing wrote:monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
I don't understant why RM are still using pen and paper for things like this. One of RM's proposed changes is to introduce clocking in machines. Keeping track of overtime then wouldn't be down to the Dom. If they made us clock in and out of the building it would be automated and down to payroll. Any times that I was under paid with my previous employer was because I forgot to clock out. Easily solved with a phone call, and if I told them I needed the money to pay my bills I would be given an instant loan that was deducted from my next wage when the overtime went through.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by ScousePostie »

comeracing wrote:monthly pay ? doms will have died and gone to heaven more savings,they shave overtime hours weekly,staff wont keep track of there hours etc,its a matter of when it comes in and when it does,i for one will be in the office weekly asking to see the doms weekly overtime input
This is a definite problem with monthly pay. Staff will have to keep note and make sure they sign for all their overtime, which in turn could mean you could end up questioning DOM about unpaid overtime from up to four weeks ago.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Monthly wages

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I personally don't have an issue with clocking in/out machines.
Just as long as managers are issued with cards too.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Monthly wages

Post by Tman »

Given the amount of times RM staff come in just a "little bit late" or go "just a little bit early" or "just nip over the shops for a bacon roll" time clocks should be the last thing they'd want.
As for monthly pay, all RM need to do is give fair warning of the change and do it by executive action. No voting or consultation required.
Bigger things to worry about than monthly pay, that's for sure.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by fishtank »

Monthly pay for non salaried staff is not that common in the business world especially outside the UK. If you factor in the complications with irregular overtime and the fact that in the e-commerce world doing a payroll run is nowhere near as complex or expensive as it used to be I would be surprised if royal mail push this too hard. Perhaps a compromise would be bi-monthly like mostmanual/unskilled jobs in the US and a move to e-payslips.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by Chitchat »

I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by smok3y666 »

Chitchat wrote:I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.
Or just learn to manage your money better?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Monthly wages

Post by daveyeff »

smok3y666 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:I personally dont want monthly pay. Its great being paid weekly and knowing your never far from pay day.
Or just learn to manage your money better?
why should we have to though? just cos it suits them?....bollox.