ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I was on a van share today and my co-worker said that they were coming in before their start time tomorrow to throw up some D2Ds. I said well you won't get paid in that case and he said, that's right, we don't get paid for throwing them up so we have to do it in our own time.

Someone please tell me this is not the case!!!!!!
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by Theghost »

What you are dealing with here is an absolute idiot.
D2D are part of your workload,Nobody should come in and work for free,This is what is wrong with the place,1st class idiots like this.
Then when they are off,Someone who does the job correctly is questioned why they cant do it on time when the walkholder can,f***ing idiots.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by PHARRY »

It's best to throw in D2Ds in own time as it gets done quicker it saves wasting time when throwing in mail or you could take D2Ds home to do there
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by hans solo »

why not deliver the mail for free as well ya muppet
:left: :left:
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by ScousePostie »

I've posted this before, but as this as come up again I'll tell you what is going on in our office.

Full timers, some are in at 5am to throw in full weeks worth of D2D. No problem with the throwing in all D2Ds for the week, apart from the fact that coming in 90 minutes early to do so. They're not being paid to do this and you're effectively doing someone else's work when it comes to rest day as floater doesn't have to throw in D2D. If you seriously want to do this. Throw in D2D for Monday as specified on contract sheet. When we're finishing at 12:30 on a Monday there's 90 minutes to throw D2D in, which begs the question, why come in 90 minutes early to throw in D2D when there's time at the end of the duty to do so?

Part timers, MOST in thirty minutes to an hour early just to throw in D2D for that day. Why?! DOM is gaining a half hour to an hour EVERY DAY! And it's giving management more of an excuse to lapse walks.

All credit to people who are doing the job correctly. I personally have 1 contract D2D this week. I have thrown in Monday's D2D and taken where I'm going. Duty finished at 12:30pm. Back to the office, I've thrown in D2D, as far as I'm concerned if I'm still being paid what is the problem in doing this. As per usual, lots back at 12:30 this afternoon are in and back out the door as fast as possible.

We'll probably have a light day tomorrow. Most will be back between 12 and 12:30 and straight out the door as fast as, only to come in on Wednesday morning and claim they don't have the time to prep D2D for Wednesday because of mail and packet load.

I have learnt that if there's remaining lapsing and you come back early and DOM catches you and tells you "you're back early, there's still lapsing there to be done", tell them you're prepping D2D for tomorrow. They've NEVER questioned me further when I give them that answer.

Coming in early is NOT a solution for anyone. It's giving management an excuse to lapse MORE and give us MORE workload.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by General Mannerheim »

PHARRY wrote:It's best to throw in D2Ds in own time as it gets done quicker it saves wasting time when throwing in mail or you could take D2Ds home to do there
You f***ing clown. your not supposed to take `live` items home. :d'oh!
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

He is being PHARRY, ignore him he's come out from under the bridge to do a bit of fishing, don't take the bait.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by worktotime »

peshwaarinaan wrote:I was on a van share today and my co-worker said that they were coming in before their start time tomorrow to throw up some D2Ds. I said well you won't get paid in that case and he said, that's right, we don't get paid for throwing them up so we have to do it in our own time.

Someone please tell me this is not the case!!!!!!
tell him to f**k off the idiot :arrrghhh , its part of your workload for that day , start on time , prep your allocated d2ds for that day mail etc , take break and use methods that should have him / her in tears :left: oh and pull all your d2ds out for the day and deliver them , empty frame.
Robertdeniro
Posts: 19
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 20:47
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by Robertdeniro »

There are regularly 10 to 15 people in our office who come in 45 mins to an hour early including the work place coach and the union rep!!!! This is a health and safety issue but how can you stop it?
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

If he worked at Argos would he start early ? I think not , the guys a job wrecked dick
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Well there's no way I am doing voluntary work for Royal Mail. They can get lost.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Just set up a direct debit to RM and give them back £20 a week as a charity donation
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by mdm »

Bloody hell is that still going on! :no no Some things will never change, I'm afraid!!
Robertdeniro
Posts: 19
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 20:47
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by Robertdeniro »

Everyday and I mean everyday some people have all d2ds prepped, all sequenced mail in any early sorted flats and packets in when I walk in at 6.12....they then run round regularly finish an hour early and go home.....to watch cash in the attic! It's mental!
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Throwing up D2Ds in own time????

Post by Kings Norton »

Posties in my office do the same in one hour before their starts putting d2ds together so they can get out a bit earlier the numpties, I come in the proper time put my d2ds together in the duty time take my full break then tell the DOM "No absorbing today boss no time" then I go on my merry way and when I get back near the end of the duty the numpties that came in early by one hour are getting back the same time as me breaking out in a sweat then they say to me "You must have a good walk" They are the main cause of all the absorption the clowns.