hi
as anyone used unionline I am very disappointed with my dealings with unionline, I was bitten by a dog 14 months ago,
put a claim in for injury
have now been told there will not pursue with claim because the dog in question was not classed as a dangerous breed.
also because the dog had no previo.us record of dangerous actions or biting anyone ..
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
unionline
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
unionline
Not used them personally - but without knowing the details of your particular case its hard to say wether they've been inept or not.
What was the severity of the bite - what were the circumstances surrounding the incident - were the owners present - on their property - did you report it immediately - any personal prior history with this particular animal etc etc ?
You do have my sympathies though, obviously. As a postman myself dogs are the bane of my life.
What was the severity of the bite - what were the circumstances surrounding the incident - were the owners present - on their property - did you report it immediately - any personal prior history with this particular animal etc etc ?
You do have my sympathies though, obviously. As a postman myself dogs are the bane of my life.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
unionline
When I was bitten I just went to a no win no fee solicitor, didn't involve royalmail at all apart from reporting it, got 4K compensation about 10 months later. Just to add I claimed on dog owners home insurance if that helps you, most policy's cover things like this I believe.postman11 wrote:hi
as anyone used unionline I am very disappointed with my dealings with unionline, I was bitten by a dog 14 months ago,
put a claim in for injury
have now been told there will not pursue with claim because the dog in question was not classed as a dangerous breed.
also because the dog had no previo.us record of dangerous actions or biting anyone ..
-
postman11
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 18:09
- Gender: Male
unionline
thanks for your comments what annoyed me was the two dogs where behind a gate and the owner opened the gate and let them out
there was no need for this, I have informed health and safety rep who is looking into it.why it took 14 months baffles me...will see what happens....
there was no need for this, I have informed health and safety rep who is looking into it.why it took 14 months baffles me...will see what happens....
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
unionline
Used both them and before Simpson Millar , both took over 18 mnths to sort the claims. They seem to be more interested in the money they can make and not your claim. If I have the misfortune to need one again , I think I'll look outside the CWU for one.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
unionline
Yes they will for first few weeks then it'll all go quiet until they want you to see a " specialist " for a medical report. The two I had didn't seem to have much of a clue about the forms and I filled most of it in.Had about four trees worth of literature from them so far.
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
unionline
If they decide not to go ahead with the case or drop it am i then free to go with one of the no win no fee solicitors?noggin1969 wrote:Yes they will for first few weeks then it'll all go quiet until they want you to see a " specialist " for a medical report. The two I had didn't seem to have much of a clue about the forms and I filled most of it in.Had about four trees worth of literature from them so far.