ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Business improvement
-
blackburn12
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 18:47
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Hello everyone. Recently, like most people who work for RM I filled in the employee survey and I noticed a little section where you can fill in comments. Not entirely sure if the powers that be take on board what is written in that section and I hope they do. This brings me to my post. Currently I am writing a business improvement plan from the perspective of a postperson. Some people will say it's a waste of time as nothing ever gets done but I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail to listen to what the staff have to say. This has probably been attempted in the past but as staff members we need to voice our potential improvements. If anybody has any ideas of how the business can be improved please post a reply and if it's an idea that's positive I will add it. I have a degree in business management with honours so personally I can see and propose the way forward. Any negative posts will be ignored as well any derogatory comments. Let's get together and make our workplace great again.
Thanks
Thanks
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Business improvement
sure your not a manager already Blackburn just saying

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Of all the surveys I've filled in, as an employee of Royal Mail. I've yet to see any improvement, the opposite in actual fact,things are definitely getting worse,with little sign of anything changing soon.
Terrible company,great job, ( outdoor element, anyway).
Terrible company,great job, ( outdoor element, anyway).
-
Mopbrush
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Nov 2013, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Our place at the moment is full of people having breakdowns, many on anti-depressants, being bullied, the toilets when in use smell like the devils crotch, same couple of people grabbing any overtime and pestering the boss so they get to work their days off.The rats have long left the canteen as it resembles a squatters den. Trying to get any uniform is like trying to get a BJ off Keith Richards. People walking around in shoes that wouldn't fetch 10p in a charity shop !! People's feet, knees totally ruined by this !!!
Used to be a decent job, decent office but like the rest of the UK posties it's becoming a job I wouldn't recommend to anybody!!! Loads I could add but gotta go pub !!
mopbrush
Used to be a decent job, decent office but like the rest of the UK posties it's becoming a job I wouldn't recommend to anybody!!! Loads I could add but gotta go pub !!
mopbrush
-
Mopbrush
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Nov 2013, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Blackburn12,
I take it the office your based at is Blackburn ? Or are you Tony Blackburns 12th son ?
I take it the office your based at is Blackburn ? Or are you Tony Blackburns 12th son ?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Good on you blackburn12. I hope the meetings are productive.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Isn't that what the WTL&L is for especially the listening and learning? Post Employee Surveys after final completion bulletins are published on the notice board stating the improvements have been made as a result of these surveys yet I have still to see where it is mutually beneficial to the business and the employees. " Blackburn 12" you just have to read the stories published on this site highlighting the day to day bully and harassment that employees are encountering from management to reach an end product which on paper according to management is achievable but in reality is virtually impossible. Wish you all the best in your endeavours in consultation with higher management but if they cannot honour past national agreements then I am of the opinion your approach though well meaning won't get off the starting blocks.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Business improvement
Sounds like management fishing expedition to me.
This is why I never say feck all in WTL or any staff meetings as the turds just want you to come up with some idea then they can pinch it.
This is why I never say feck all in WTL or any staff meetings as the turds just want you to come up with some idea then they can pinch it.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Many of us have been in the business a number of years now... and know what should be done to increase efficiency and profitability sensiblyblackburn12 wrote: I have a degree in business management with honours so personally I can see and propose the way forward. Thanks
With all due respect many of us felt as you do when we first joined Royal Mail ... you do not need a business management degree to understand many of the failings we currently experience... and to suggest you are somehow the answer to all our pension and pay and conditions woes... is quite frankly fanciful. I wish you well... but doubt if those in management who intend meeting with you will be really listening.
Are you a CWU member ?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Business improvement
It is going to descend into a lizard thread I can feel it.blackburn12 wrote: I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail .
Long time since we have had one so maybe it isn't a bad thing.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Don't be silly, that time is reserved especially for lapsing, is it not? I thought that was just the norm.rehabron wrote:Isn't that what the WTL&L is for especially the listening and learning? Post Employee Surveys after final completion bulletins are published on the notice board stating the improvements have been made as a result of these surveys yet I have still to see where it is mutually beneficial to the business and the employees. " Blackburn 12" you just have to read the stories published on this site highlighting the day to day bully and harassment that employees are encountering from management to reach an end product which on paper according to management is achievable but in reality is virtually impossible. Wish you all the best in your endeavours in consultation with higher management but if they cannot honour past national agreements then I am of the opinion your approach though well meaning won't get off the starting blocks.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Business improvement
See your all over Facebook looking for others to do your work also.
Just .....
Just .....
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
How about they realise there is only so much cost cutting you can do? Perhaps actually go out and win some new contracts instead of being obsessed with lapsing duties, which saves nothing in most offices because Wed-Fri most people end up booking overtime due to the lapsing! Stand up to Ofcom. Realise that a happy workforce is a productive workforce! Employ managers that have experience of working in delivery offices. Not graduates who to put it bluntly haven't got a clue how to manage people while trying to manage a budget.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Business improvement
I like the cut of your jib.clashcityrocker wrote:It is going to descend into a lizard thread I can feel it.blackburn12 wrote: I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail .
Long time since we have had one so maybe it isn't a bad thing.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Business improvement
Focus on what we are good at. Getting the mail delivered 1st thing.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.