ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bullying
-
fk1122
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 15:59
- Gender: Male
Bullying
Hi Everyone,
What to do when you are experiencing a form of bullying from your van sharing partner on the daily basis and plus when he is senior.
I recently had an opportunity to apply for a walk in my office which I was lucky enough to get as I only started recently but little I knew why was its still available and no ones else seem to be taking it.
Well, I have my permanent walk now, however, the person I work with he is not treating me very nice and does all sort of things which comes in form of bullying.
Ho doesn't speak to me and due to this, I am always confused and worried don't know what will be his next plan of action and can't make any decision by myself as he gets angry and likes to take control, like he working on his own and does not share anything at all. I just do what he tells me to do and when I ask him anything he replies in such a manner that it sounds rude and angry. He always wants me to work his away and not open to any suggestion at all.
He will bang the door harder whilst I am sitting in the van and also get angry when it comes to delivering oversize parcel which I can't carry or are too big and sometimes tell me to put them in the bag which makes my bag heavier and when I tell him it is too heavy he will get angry and walk out banging door very harder.
He would not write P739 cards to the business address and will go back driving aggressively to deliver them when it's very busy road which wastes more than half and hour of both of us and then he starts to swear at oncoming vehicles and make very rude gestures towards them.
He will also go back to deliver the parcel to which I have already left P739 cards.
He would also park the van in inconveniences places and obstruct oncoming traffic and also put very high music on.
And there so much that goes on a daily basis.
I have also spoken to few people at my workplace and they said this is his not his first time as before me there were 4 more people on the walk and they left and didn't want to work with him h due to the same reason and as he is 6 years senior than me there is nothing can be done told by the manager.
He will also leave mail, bags, trays unattended when he is merging. He will simply drop me off take stuff out and put it on loading bay and then drive off without saying a single word and then I have to carry everything inside and sort it out.
He will purposely park vehicle far from the delivery address and let me walk all the way to deliver the parcel and starts getting angry when I wait more than 1-2 minute for the customers to open the door and starts shouting at me to write down P739 cards.
I did speak to my DOM and notified him that I want to make grievance against him but the problem is everyone in my office knows about it and nobody's want to work with him and still no action has been taken against him I only started my job 9 months ago and now feel like its not suitable for me due to this mental torture I go through every day and stay stress after the working hours as well.
I personally don't mess about at the work and try to do my job as best I could even after all this I try to stay calm and nice like nothing happened as he is very older than me but he seems to be taking advantage of this now and increasingly starting to bullying me.
My purpose for posting this here guys is to truly seek some advice and help.
Thanks.
What to do when you are experiencing a form of bullying from your van sharing partner on the daily basis and plus when he is senior.
I recently had an opportunity to apply for a walk in my office which I was lucky enough to get as I only started recently but little I knew why was its still available and no ones else seem to be taking it.
Well, I have my permanent walk now, however, the person I work with he is not treating me very nice and does all sort of things which comes in form of bullying.
Ho doesn't speak to me and due to this, I am always confused and worried don't know what will be his next plan of action and can't make any decision by myself as he gets angry and likes to take control, like he working on his own and does not share anything at all. I just do what he tells me to do and when I ask him anything he replies in such a manner that it sounds rude and angry. He always wants me to work his away and not open to any suggestion at all.
He will bang the door harder whilst I am sitting in the van and also get angry when it comes to delivering oversize parcel which I can't carry or are too big and sometimes tell me to put them in the bag which makes my bag heavier and when I tell him it is too heavy he will get angry and walk out banging door very harder.
He would not write P739 cards to the business address and will go back driving aggressively to deliver them when it's very busy road which wastes more than half and hour of both of us and then he starts to swear at oncoming vehicles and make very rude gestures towards them.
He will also go back to deliver the parcel to which I have already left P739 cards.
He would also park the van in inconveniences places and obstruct oncoming traffic and also put very high music on.
And there so much that goes on a daily basis.
I have also spoken to few people at my workplace and they said this is his not his first time as before me there were 4 more people on the walk and they left and didn't want to work with him h due to the same reason and as he is 6 years senior than me there is nothing can be done told by the manager.
He will also leave mail, bags, trays unattended when he is merging. He will simply drop me off take stuff out and put it on loading bay and then drive off without saying a single word and then I have to carry everything inside and sort it out.
He will purposely park vehicle far from the delivery address and let me walk all the way to deliver the parcel and starts getting angry when I wait more than 1-2 minute for the customers to open the door and starts shouting at me to write down P739 cards.
I did speak to my DOM and notified him that I want to make grievance against him but the problem is everyone in my office knows about it and nobody's want to work with him and still no action has been taken against him I only started my job 9 months ago and now feel like its not suitable for me due to this mental torture I go through every day and stay stress after the working hours as well.
I personally don't mess about at the work and try to do my job as best I could even after all this I try to stay calm and nice like nothing happened as he is very older than me but he seems to be taking advantage of this now and increasingly starting to bullying me.
My purpose for posting this here guys is to truly seek some advice and help.
Thanks.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Bullying
U need to get this sorted out before it becomes a problem & u start not wanting to go to work, having days off, if the manager won't listen to u get the union involved if u are not in the union join they can help u Everybody in RM knows the bullying exists it always has done, bullying at work is a big problem that many people don't realise about. let us know what happens
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Bullying
Had a issue like that myself but not as bad as that I have to say. That's truly awful & things can't keep going like that. First thing I did i spoke to my manager to say I could no longer work with that member of that staff because of the issues & hassle I was getting from then. Removed straight away & I have no longer have to work with them. The manager's are obviously aware of this person I would speak to your union too for support too. Speak to someone soon otherwise it will start to affect your work i.e. making mistakes, rushing to get round & then start having time off to avoid them. Unfortunately the downfall to this is you may lose your own walk but I'd rather lose that have to put up with that everyday that's pure nastiness. Good luck I hope you get sorted !
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Bullying
Not had any experience of this thank god,but like the others have said,nip it in the bud,it's not big or clever,and shouldn't be tolerated whatever your views on it,it can't make for a nice atmosphere,this job is hard enough without that,do they think your making it up??
-
viking1488
- Posts: 446
- Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Bullying
there is a number on your pay slip for the bullying and harassment helpline you need to put a stop to this people like this should not be working in the royal mail the place is bad enough without bullying in the workplace hope you get this sorted outfk1122 wrote:Hi Everyone,
What to do when you are experiencing a form of bullying from your van sharing partner on the daily basis and plus when he is senior.
I recently had an opportunity to apply for a walk in my office which I was lucky enough to get as I only started recently but little I knew why was its still available and no ones else seem to be taking it.
Well, I have my permanent walk now, however, the person I work with he is not treating me very nice and does all sort of things which comes in form of bullying.
Ho doesn't speak to me and due to this, I am always confused and worried don't know what will be his next plan of action and can't make any decision by myself as he gets angry and likes to take control, like he working on his own and does not share anything at all. I just do what he tells me to do and when I ask him anything he replies in such a manner that it sounds rude and angry. He always wants me to work his away and not open to any suggestion at all.
He will bang the door harder whilst I am sitting in the van and also get angry when it comes to delivering oversize parcel which I can't carry or are too big and sometimes tell me to put them in the bag which makes my bag heavier and when I tell him it is too heavy he will get angry and walk out banging door very harder.
He would not write P739 cards to the business address and will go back driving aggressively to deliver them when it's very busy road which wastes more than half and hour of both of us and then he starts to swear at oncoming vehicles and make very rude gestures towards them.
He will also go back to deliver the parcel to which I have already left P739 cards.
He would also park the van in inconveniences places and obstruct oncoming traffic and also put very high music on.
And there so much that goes on a daily basis.
I have also spoken to few people at my workplace and they said this is his not his first time as before me there were 4 more people on the walk and they left and didn't want to work with him h due to the same reason and as he is 6 years senior than me there is nothing can be done told by the manager.
He will also leave mail, bags, trays unattended when he is merging. He will simply drop me off take stuff out and put it on loading bay and then drive off without saying a single word and then I have to carry everything inside and sort it out.
He will purposely park vehicle far from the delivery address and let me walk all the way to deliver the parcel and starts getting angry when I wait more than 1-2 minute for the customers to open the door and starts shouting at me to write down P739 cards.
I did speak to my DOM and notified him that I want to make grievance against him but the problem is everyone in my office knows about it and nobody's want to work with him and still no action has been taken against him I only started my job 9 months ago and now feel like its not suitable for me due to this mental torture I go through every day and stay stress after the working hours as well.
I personally don't mess about at the work and try to do my job as best I could even after all this I try to stay calm and nice like nothing happened as he is very older than me but he seems to be taking advantage of this now and increasingly starting to bullying me.
My purpose for posting this here guys is to truly seek some advice and help.
Thanks.
-
viking1488
- Posts: 446
- Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Bullying
Bullying and harassment
We’re committed to Royal Mail being a place where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and is free from
bullying and harassment.
Definitions
• Bullying is intimidation that undermines the competence, effectiveness, confidence and integrity of someone.
• A bully misuses their power, position or knowledge to criticise, humiliate or otherwise harm someone.
• Harassment is unwanted conduct with the purpose or effect of violating someone’s dignity or
creating a hostile, intimidating, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that person.
• This includes behaviour that employees find offensive even if it’s not directed at them specifically.
Dealing with bullying and harassment
• Most issues can be resolved informally with the help of a third party. This could be done by discussing it with
your manager, union representative or a work colleague. They will help you explore the issues and try to build
an agreement for future working relationships.
• If it can’t be resolved informally, or is a serious issue, the problem should be raised formally. This is done by
completing a harassment complaints form (available from HR Services, Tel. 0345 6060 603 or the independent
bullying and harassment helpline 0800 5874 777/ http://www.rmgbh.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and then talking to your manager.
• As part of the Bullying and Harassment policy we are also providing mediation. Mediation is available at
the point of registering the complaints form, during an investigation or once an investigation has concluded.
• If the issue is about your manager, you should speak to their manager or call HR Services Advice and Support.
• An investigating manager will be appointed to deal with your complaint. This will involve meetings with you and
anyone else involved, including witnesses.
• You and the person you’ve complained about will receive a copy of any materials used in the investigation,
including witness statements, unless the investigating manager thinks there’s a risk of intimidation or reprisal.
• Both you and the other person will receive a written summary of the investigating manager’s
conclusions and decisions.
• Anyone involved in a complaint, including witnesses must keep all details completely confidential.
We’re committed to Royal Mail being a place where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and is free from
bullying and harassment.
Definitions
• Bullying is intimidation that undermines the competence, effectiveness, confidence and integrity of someone.
• A bully misuses their power, position or knowledge to criticise, humiliate or otherwise harm someone.
• Harassment is unwanted conduct with the purpose or effect of violating someone’s dignity or
creating a hostile, intimidating, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that person.
• This includes behaviour that employees find offensive even if it’s not directed at them specifically.
Dealing with bullying and harassment
• Most issues can be resolved informally with the help of a third party. This could be done by discussing it with
your manager, union representative or a work colleague. They will help you explore the issues and try to build
an agreement for future working relationships.
• If it can’t be resolved informally, or is a serious issue, the problem should be raised formally. This is done by
completing a harassment complaints form (available from HR Services, Tel. 0345 6060 603 or the independent
bullying and harassment helpline 0800 5874 777/ http://www.rmgbh.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and then talking to your manager.
• As part of the Bullying and Harassment policy we are also providing mediation. Mediation is available at
the point of registering the complaints form, during an investigation or once an investigation has concluded.
• If the issue is about your manager, you should speak to their manager or call HR Services Advice and Support.
• An investigating manager will be appointed to deal with your complaint. This will involve meetings with you and
anyone else involved, including witnesses.
• You and the person you’ve complained about will receive a copy of any materials used in the investigation,
including witness statements, unless the investigating manager thinks there’s a risk of intimidation or reprisal.
• Both you and the other person will receive a written summary of the investigating manager’s
conclusions and decisions.
• Anyone involved in a complaint, including witnesses must keep all details completely confidential.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Bullying
You know what, sometimes I pray to get partnered with people like this. The way I would knock him down a peg or two the big no good bully. f**k him! Don't let him affect your mood. Wind the f****r up and take long, tell him he didn't shut the door properly when he slams it etc until he cannot stand working with you and complains then offer to come to an agreement you don't be a prick and neither will I.
Might be an unconventional way of dealing with it but it always works. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with Fire
Might be an unconventional way of dealing with it but it always works. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with Fire
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Bullying
South_London_Postie wrote:You know what, sometimes I pray to get partnered with people like this. The way I would knock him down a peg or two the big no good bully. f**k him! Don't let him affect your mood. Wind the f****r up and take long, tell him he didn't shut the door properly when he slams it etc until he cannot stand working with you and complains then offer to come to an agreement you don't be a prick and neither will I.
Might be an unconventional way of dealing with it but it always works. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with Fire
-
beano76
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 19:04
- Gender: Female
Bullying
I have the same issue, got a new permanent van share partner last week, and already had to complain about his aggressive behaviour 3 times, he slams doors throws parcels around van in a temper if he has more than me, says I'm wrong for wanting to use my trolley and stick to the loops, and it's my fault he has to carry a heavy bag coz I won't break the loops down to suit him, shouts at me in the street, and told me I would be sacked for taking loops back. . . . Daily abuse is really getting me down, I've never been treated like this in 20 years of being on delivery. So I do sympathise with you 
Last edited by beano76 on 10 Apr 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.