I was away on special leave for a while. I continuously purchased additional holidays for years previously. My DOM cancelled my purchase while I was away, without informing me and without my consent. Now he blames HR that they don't allow him to renew my purchase on my return, because purchasing extra holidays should be done before end of February.
I think his cancellation is invalid without my agreement and HR should grant me with right to purchasing holidays for this year too.
Also my Carrier Break Agreement clearly: "on return you will maintain continuity of service for pension, annual leave entitlement and and seniority purposes ..."
Can I appeal to HR or to elsewhere directly ignoring my DOM?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
-
yes_Postman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
- Gender: Male
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
your purchase of Annual leave continues until YOU stop it.
your DOM has cancelled it, HR will not have done so without your DOM cancelling it via PSP ( it is also added the first time you apply on PSP by your dom )
grievance in would be my next port of call.
your DOM has cancelled it, HR will not have done so without your DOM cancelling it via PSP ( it is also added the first time you apply on PSP by your dom )
grievance in would be my next port of call.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
You were on a Career Break? Don't know how these work but i'd guess everything stops at the payroll end of things until you resume working for RM so i'd guess that's were it's gone wrong
-
yes_Postman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
you right everything is stopped and supposed to resume without changes on return, but it doesn't matter where it went wrong, athough to simplify it : my DOM messed it up. The question is how to force RM to restore the original state.A2B wrote:You were on a Career Break? Don't know how these work but i'd guess everything stops at the payroll end of things until you resume working for RM so i'd guess that's were it's gone wrong
-
yes_Postman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
I might try it, thxdoorstepped wrote:your purchase of Annual leave continues until YOU stop it.
your DOM has cancelled it, HR will not have done so without your DOM cancelling it via PSP ( it is also added the first time you apply on PSP by your dom )
grievance in would be my next port of call.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
Were you still being paid when you were off?? If not in might have been stopped automatically as you were not purchasing any.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
And also did you return to work before the cutoff date?number one wrote:Were you still being paid when you were off?? If not in might have been stopped automatically as you were not purchasing any.
-
yes_Postman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
I wasn't paid whike I was away and I returned on date. Though it wasn't the first time I went on a Carrier Break, they resume everything on return if there are no "accidents"
They stopped because my DOM cancelled it while I was away.
He did it without my consent even without informing me. He did it accidentally he says.
They stopped because my DOM cancelled it while I was away.
He did it without my consent even without informing me. He did it accidentally he says.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
I applied for more annual leave and have just realised I haven't had any money deducted from my wages in April yet? Does this mean they've decided to fob it off? Grievance?
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
The way I understand it is, that POAL continues unless you cancel it or you have 10 years service, when you automatically get 30 days leave.
Have you just done 10 years service?
If your DOM has made a "mistake" surely it can be corrected, if the DOM wants to..............
Good luck.
Have you just done 10 years service?
If your DOM has made a "mistake" surely it can be corrected, if the DOM wants to..............
Good luck.
-
60091
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM
You get 5 weeks when you've done 15 years service then 6 weeks for 20 years 