ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Loaned out

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by robbertwhitton »

Is there really any point in sending a spare postie from our office to another office some miles away?? Am sure some much needed training on other rounds could be done which would help lapsing etc,when we are short we never see anyone come to us ,any thoughts or experiences of this brain storm???
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by South_London_Postie »

That would be forward thinking. No chance
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by robbertwhitton »

South_London_Postie wrote:That would be forward thinking. RM would never allow that
Well said that man,you read my mind.the whole number crunching lapsing loaned,stranded costs,front loaded buzzwords they use are lost with me and half the office!!
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by postiewhite »

From my point of view whenever I get loaned out which is rare I really don't mind. I was loaned out last week and am claiming 80 miles in fuel (about £35) when it costs me around £8 quid.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by terry2972 »

I love being loaned out get 45p a mile and normally get overtime whilst driving back to own Do it also makes a change being somewhere new
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by osgoody1970 »

the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by Kick the Bucket »

Being loaned out is an excuse to be s**t. It's great!
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by South_London_Postie »

Don't use your car to travel to a different office as you will find standard insurance does not cover it.

Use public transport in the businesses time.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by terry2972 »

osgoody1970 wrote:the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
I thought I worked to earn money and it's easier to earn being loaned out lol
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Loaned out

Post by Clared »

osgoody1970 wrote:the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
Something I use to do was use my car but not anymore :-) reason was I wasn't getting paid for my journey for months so I decided if you ain't paying I ain't using my car anymore + I wasn't happy with the extra mileage & wear n tear to my car.When I had to go to other office i make them take me or I make the office pay for my transport when I get there. Plus I work my own offices hours so I can get back on time for finishing so I leave 20/30 mins early
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by rambo1 »

Reason is, being loaned out to another office, comes out of said other offices budget, not yours. Of course in the grand scheme of things, it's all royal mail that is losing money. Crazy isn't it.
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by toomuchcoke »

postiewhite wrote:From my point of view whenever I get loaned out which is rare I really don't mind. I was loaned out last week and am claiming 80 miles in fuel (about £35) when it costs me around £8 quid.
There was someone in our office who got loaned out quite a bit and it worked out very nicely for them. The situation was that they lived in Town A but normally worked in the delivery office in Town B ~22 miles away. However they often got loaned out to the delivery office in their hometown, which meant they didn't need to pay for the fuel for ~44 miles of driving each day, could have a lie-in every morning and get home earlier! :nana
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Loaned out

Post by Shaders »

Last week we had three posties come to work in our office from other offices, the same day we sent three of our own posties to work in another office.
Beggers belief.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Loaned out

Post by South_London_Postie »

Shaders sometimes there may be logic behind that if you have an organised Dom, to limit travel and keep everyone sweet etc!

Believe it or not but some RM Suits can actually pull it off ! Hahahaha