ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Loaned out
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Is there really any point in sending a spare postie from our office to another office some miles away?? Am sure some much needed training on other rounds could be done which would help lapsing etc,when we are short we never see anyone come to us ,any thoughts or experiences of this brain storm???
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
That would be forward thinking. No chance
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Well said that man,you read my mind.the whole number crunching lapsing loaned,stranded costs,front loaded buzzwords they use are lost with me and half the office!!South_London_Postie wrote:That would be forward thinking. RM would never allow that
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
From my point of view whenever I get loaned out which is rare I really don't mind. I was loaned out last week and am claiming 80 miles in fuel (about £35) when it costs me around £8 quid.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
I love being loaned out get 45p a mile and normally get overtime whilst driving back to own Do it also makes a change being somewhere new
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Being loaned out is an excuse to be s**t. It's great!
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Don't use your car to travel to a different office as you will find standard insurance does not cover it.
Use public transport in the businesses time.
Use public transport in the businesses time.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
I thought I worked to earn money and it's easier to earn being loaned out lolosgoody1970 wrote:the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Loaned out
Something I use to do was use my car but not anymore :-) reason was I wasn't getting paid for my journey for months so I decided if you ain't paying I ain't using my car anymore + I wasn't happy with the extra mileage & wear n tear to my car.When I had to go to other office i make them take me or I make the office pay for my transport when I get there. Plus I work my own offices hours so I can get back on time for finishing so I leave 20/30 mins earlyosgoody1970 wrote:the above two replies is the reason, you are loaned out, use your car helps them, you should start at YOUR OWN OFFICE at your start time and finish at your own office at your finish time, thus reducing considerably the delivery time spent at another office, managers would not be so keen to loan people out if they stuck to the rules!!!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Reason is, being loaned out to another office, comes out of said other offices budget, not yours. Of course in the grand scheme of things, it's all royal mail that is losing money. Crazy isn't it.
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
There was someone in our office who got loaned out quite a bit and it worked out very nicely for them. The situation was that they lived in Town A but normally worked in the delivery office in Town B ~22 miles away. However they often got loaned out to the delivery office in their hometown, which meant they didn't need to pay for the fuel for ~44 miles of driving each day, could have a lie-in every morning and get home earlier!postiewhite wrote:From my point of view whenever I get loaned out which is rare I really don't mind. I was loaned out last week and am claiming 80 miles in fuel (about £35) when it costs me around £8 quid.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Loaned out
Last week we had three posties come to work in our office from other offices, the same day we sent three of our own posties to work in another office.
Beggers belief.
Beggers belief.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Loaned out
Shaders sometimes there may be logic behind that if you have an organised Dom, to limit travel and keep everyone sweet etc!
Believe it or not but some RM Suits can actually pull it off ! Hahahaha
Believe it or not but some RM Suits can actually pull it off ! Hahahaha