ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Callers office Easter Sunday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by number one »

Do you have a callers office open on Sundays? Are you opening on Easter Sunday?
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by woking »

number one wrote:Do you have a callers office open on Sundays? Are you opening on Easter Sunday?
I'm meant to be working that Sunday & I asked a manager if it's open & I was told no as it's a bank holiday,still a bit of a grey area though.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by number one »

We've been told ours is open
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by woking »

number one wrote:We've been told ours is open
omg no!well if ours is open I hope they don't think I'm working for flat rate like I normally get.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by Shaders »

Just checked a 739 card and it says ours is closed Bank holidays.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by number one »

Ours is shut Bank holidays however easter sunday is not classed as a bank holiday
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by feduppostie »

Open as it is also this year on Xmas eve and New years Eve - we get scheddy for it though not flat rate ( although whether that will still be true by Xmas lord alone knows)
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Callers office Easter Sunday

Post by rubberbond »

Is it not covered by the Sunday trading laws? I thought they weren't allowed to open on Easter Sunday, as it is a religious event,like Christmas, with chocolate eggs.