ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Break Entitlement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tatty1970
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Aug 2014, 10:32
Gender: Male

Break Entitlement

Post by Tatty1970 »

I'm working a 20 hour contract, 6 hours on mondays and tuesdays and 8 hours on wednesdays. What breaks am I entitled too?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Break Entitlement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tatty1970 wrote:I'm working a 20 hour contract, 6 hours on mondays and tuesdays and 8 hours on wednesdays. What breaks am I entitled too?
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Break Entitlement

Post by daveyeff »

so to be clear,... 30 mins Monday and Tuesday. 40 mins Wednesday.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Break Entitlement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes it attendance that makes the difference not the contract, for breaks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Tatty1970
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Aug 2014, 10:32
Gender: Male

Break Entitlement

Post by Tatty1970 »

Thanks
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Break Entitlement

Post by rambo1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes it attendance that makes the difference not the contract, for breaks.
Exactly, just coz your contract hrs for a day are say 6hrs 55 mins (they do that allot in revisions), if you overrun by just 5 mins, your break will be 10 mins more.