ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcels per hour
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Some lad in my office crashed a van delivering parcels so I agreed to cover him from 2-8pm afternoon pack sting.The amount of parcels I've been given each day is verging on the ridiculous.I was close to 200 today & really cannot believe it's either safe or reasonable for someone to do this across numerous walks & rush hour traffic.Off course the gaffers told me there were not that many which only served to infuriate me further.Really pissed off as several lads seem to ghost about 30 packets on the end of there generally light walks & get paid 3/4 hours & still be done by 3!!!
God I'm tested so much by this job it's unreal!!
God I'm tested so much by this job it's unreal!!
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Varies a lot depending on area, house density, time of day etc... having said that a ball park figure for 6 hours would be less than 100 if its covering rush hour like yours, so he is indeed taking the piss
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Parcels per hour
And that my friend is probably why he crashed the van.
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Yeah I've told them it's dangerous so will see what happens.God awful day,no thanks at all for helping out!
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Parcels per hour
i'm pretty sure the standard is between 20 and 30 parcels per hour
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Godric wrote:i'm pretty sure the standard is between 20 and 30 parcels per hour
A parcel every 2-3 minutes your having a laugh
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
It was somehow achieved but I just felt absolutely hard done by!More so because I know I was being taken advantage off.The disparity between parcels done on o/t after duty in relation to allocated on a packet duty is a joke!Keep going.. 
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Parcels per hour
It takes some people a minute to open the door!grandypants wrote:Godric wrote:i'm pretty sure the standard is between 20 and 30 parcels per hour
A parcel every 2-3 minutes your having a laugh
-
wiltim7
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
15-20 is max for parcel/hr anything over this is dangerous.remember health & safety
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Why,has it died?wiltim7 wrote:15-20 is max for parcel/hr anything over this is dangerous.remember health & safety
-
Dantheunit
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Worse still are the people who don't answer the door until you post a 739 card.LouBarlow wrote:It takes some people a minute to open the door!grandypants wrote:Godric wrote:i'm pretty sure the standard is between 20 and 30 parcels per hour
A parcel every 2-3 minutes your having a laugh
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
It takes as long as it takes. We don't get paid by the parcel like couriers. Always wear your seatbelt and stick to the speed limit. Your DOM may give you grief but they won't stand by you if you kill a child because you're driving like a madman. Do your job safely and properly then return home to your wife and kids instead of seeing them when they get a visiting order from you. Its not worth it!!!
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
I did a packet duty last Christmas, 2-8pm. I was lucky to get through 16-18 packets per hour for the first two hours. After it went dark this reduced drastically to around 10-12 per hour. Lots of things to factor in such as; how you load the packets into the van, how well you know the area you're delivering in. I liked to load the van in the order I would deliver the packets. At Christmas this could easily take 15-20 minutes. DOM seems to think we can just throw all the packets into the back of the van, know where you're going and assume that everyone answers the door instantly.
I appreciate that we're usually working in the daylight hours. I wouldn't be particularly pleased if a manager even suggested that 30 packets per hour was achievable, even in daylight.
I appreciate that we're usually working in the daylight hours. I wouldn't be particularly pleased if a manager even suggested that 30 packets per hour was achievable, even in daylight.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Where have you got this from please :)unhappyCumbria wrote:18 per hour is the agreed standard.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Parcels per hour
Agreed with who? There is no standard. You do what you can in the time you are given following the rules and using the tools provided.WOBBLY wrote:unhappyCumbria wrote:18 per hour is the agreed standard.
Simple.