Hey everyone,
Long story short, in June, I will need a cap on a tooth of mine, and noticed that the 'My Bundle' options include a private dental plan. I just wondered if anyone used it last year, and if it's worth doing, or is more hassle than it's worth. Paying for the one-time treatment would be slightly more than taking up the dental plan for the year, but if it's a hassle claiming back the money etc, I probably won't go ahead with it etc.
Any advice/ experiences would be much-appreciated!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is the 'My Bundle' dental plan worth taking up?
-
christiani
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
-
bettyflo16
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 16 Sep 2015, 14:17
- Gender: Female
Is the 'My Bundle' dental plan worth taking up?
Hi Christiani
I took up the dental plan last year then only remembered to use a couple of weeks ago. It's fairly straightforward: you print out the claim for, ask your dentist/hygienist to fill it in, giving details of the work done, cost, then stamp and sign it, it's quickly done. Then you email the completed form back to the company with receipts or you can use snail mail if you prefer. They've had my paperwork for a couple of weeks now (they emailed to confirm they had received it) and I'm waiting for my cheque. Pretty easy. I've joined for another year.
I took up the dental plan last year then only remembered to use a couple of weeks ago. It's fairly straightforward: you print out the claim for, ask your dentist/hygienist to fill it in, giving details of the work done, cost, then stamp and sign it, it's quickly done. Then you email the completed form back to the company with receipts or you can use snail mail if you prefer. They've had my paperwork for a couple of weeks now (they emailed to confirm they had received it) and I'm waiting for my cheque. Pretty easy. I've joined for another year.
-
christiani
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Is the 'My Bundle' dental plan worth taking up?
Thanks for the info mate. I've just looked into the different options again, tried to phone the number on the leaflet, and it doesn't exist, which doesn't fill me with too much hope! I hope I'm just being paranoid, but that's put me off somewhat!
bettyflo16 wrote:Hi Christiani
I took up the dental plan last year then only remembered to use a couple of weeks ago. It's fairly straightforward: you print out the claim for, ask your dentist/hygienist to fill it in, giving details of the work done, cost, then stamp and sign it, it's quickly done. Then you email the completed form back to the company with receipts or you can use snail mail if you prefer. They've had my paperwork for a couple of weeks now (they emailed to confirm they had received it) and I'm waiting for my cheque. Pretty easy. I've joined for another year.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Is the 'My Bundle' dental plan worth taking up?
And does anyone seriously think that paying regularly into a "dental plan" means that over the years they will end up paying less that if you just pay as and when anything needs doing ?

-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Is the 'My Bundle' dental plan worth taking up?
does it cover treatment not covered on the nhs scale? work needed but non essential according to my dentist, quoted me £700!
told him i'd call back at 2-30
told him i'd call back at 2-30