ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

Post by iHateD2Ds »

I live on a terrace road with no off road car parking so there is plenty of double parking and half on kerb etc..and there are times I have to double park.
The road can get busy at peak times so It's just a matter of time before there's an accident and a red RM van would be an easy target to put the blame on.
So what I want to know is am I able to park the van 100 metres down the road where it's much more safely parked or should I just give the van retention back?
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

Post by Destiny »

They make that judgement, you provide all details/pictures where parked or alternatives to you.
Parking on kerb though, "Traffic act" comes into play.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

Post by joewyan »

iHateD2Ds wrote:I live on a terrace road with no off road car parking so there is plenty of double parking and half on kerb etc..and there are times I have to double park.
The road can get busy at peak times so It's just a matter of time before there's an accident and a red RM van would be an easy target to put the blame on.
So what I want to know is am I able to park the van 100 metres down the road where it's much more safely parked or should I just give the van retention back?
Our office would only allow van retention by people who had acceptable parking so best telling the managers the situation and letting them make that call.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

Post by koolishy67 »

Refused me van retention because of terrace house.