ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I rest my case
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
I rest my case
This new system when you have worked OT & have to go to a manager every time to have it wrote down for you is becoming a right pain ! And it takes them an eternity to do it they just don't like you working over & wanting to get paid for it
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
I rest my case
There's a simple answer staring you in the face! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moyarobbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
Probably trainee managers who are still classed as posties when it suits.daveyeff wrote:gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moyarobbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
And union will do what exactly?? repoerted everyday and nothing is ever done. in fact our rep has actually quoted managers doing opg work does not affect opg overtime.daveyeff wrote:gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moyarobbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
take it higher thenaiden01 wrote:And union will do what exactly?? repoerted everyday and nothing is ever done. in fact our rep has actually quoted managers doing opg work does not affect opg overtime.daveyeff wrote:gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moyarobbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??![]()
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
was actually area rep who made said quote
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
go higher. div rep. and if no joy, go higher. if you feel strongly enough about it, you can go as high as wardy.aiden01 wrote:was actually area rep who made said quote
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
What union ? Waste of £4 a week
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. just to add aroud 20 agency staff booked 2day to advance 2nd class packets on late shift and only 1 opg booked for ot tommorow morn gettn beyond a joke.daveyeff wrote:go higher. div rep. and if no joy, go higher. if you feel strongly enough about it, you can go as high as wardy.aiden01 wrote:was actually area rep who made said quote
-
Dantheunit
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
He didn't get it.Judgee wrote:There's a simple answer staring you in the face!
CUT OUT! I mean "work 'till you time"
In the mean time file a greivance for the hours you haven't been paid.
People wanna bring out the violins
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12191
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
aiden01 wrote:Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. j
All a nationwide resignation from the union would achieve would be RM de-recognising the CWU, then what terms and conditions we have will go straight out the window
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
I rest my case
agree with you but im only telling how members feel management walking all over us and reps are doing nothing to stop it.SpacePhoenix wrote:aiden01 wrote:Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. j
All a nationwide resignation from the union would achieve would be RM de-recognising the CWU, then what terms and conditions we have will go straight out the window