ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I rest my case

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by robbertwhitton »

Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

I rest my case

Post by Clared »

This new system when you have worked OT & have to go to a manager every time to have it wrote down for you is becoming a right pain ! And it takes them an eternity to do it they just don't like you working over & wanting to get paid for it
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

I rest my case

Post by Judgee »

There's a simple answer staring you in the face! :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by daveyeff »

robbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moya
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by Newbie001 »

daveyeff wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moya
Probably trainee managers who are still classed as posties when it suits.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by aiden01 »

daveyeff wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moya
And union will do what exactly?? repoerted everyday and nothing is ever done. in fact our rep has actually quoted managers doing opg work does not affect opg overtime. :crazy: :crazy:
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by daveyeff »

aiden01 wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Won't pay an hours overtime ,but then take on 2 managers to cover leave and days off!! Sums things up nicely I think??
gaffers are not allowed to do opg work. report it to union/Moya
And union will do what exactly?? repoerted everyday and nothing is ever done. in fact our rep has actually quoted managers doing opg work does not affect opg overtime. :crazy: :crazy:
take it higher then
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by aiden01 »

was actually area rep who made said quote
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by daveyeff »

aiden01 wrote:was actually area rep who made said quote
go higher. div rep. and if no joy, go higher. if you feel strongly enough about it, you can go as high as wardy.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

What union ? Waste of £4 a week
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by aiden01 »

daveyeff wrote:
aiden01 wrote:was actually area rep who made said quote
go higher. div rep. and if no joy, go higher. if you feel strongly enough about it, you can go as high as wardy.
Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. just to add aroud 20 agency staff booked 2day to advance 2nd class packets on late shift and only 1 opg booked for ot tommorow morn gettn beyond a joke.
Dantheunit
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by Dantheunit »

Judgee wrote:There's a simple answer staring you in the face! :roll:
He didn't get it.

CUT OUT! I mean "work 'till you time" :so there

In the mean time file a greivance for the hours you haven't been paid.

People wanna bring out the violins :Boo hoo! and blame the union when they themselves don't even take a stand.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12191
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by SpacePhoenix »

aiden01 wrote:Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. j

All a nationwide resignation from the union would achieve would be RM de-recognising the CWU, then what terms and conditions we have will go straight out the window
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

I rest my case

Post by aiden01 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Div rep knows all about it and still they work away think only way out is a massive resignation from union and believe me its going to happen very soon. maybe then we will get something done. j

All a nationwide resignation from the union would achieve would be RM de-recognising the CWU, then what terms and conditions we have will go straight out the window
agree with you but im only telling how members feel management walking all over us and reps are doing nothing to stop it.