ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is customer winding me up ?
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
3 times in one week same bloke has waited until I've put 739 card through his door until he finally comes out . I rang bell knocked at door and also shouted postman . I wasn't impressed and told him I've got lots of special deliveries that I need to get done by 1pm and your doing this every day what's going on ? He says your catching me at the wrong time . Next time I won't put card through until the day after and I won't have the item with me ,enough is enough.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
if it keeps occurring then next have a card written out ready, drive to it and quickly knock/post and leave.
i have loads who cannot hear me knocking but can somehow hear a card landing on their door mat and run to the door
i have loads who cannot hear me knocking but can somehow hear a card landing on their door mat and run to the door
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
I used to have this everyday with one customer, i knew she was in but always waited until id put a card through before answering. She then complained that i knock too loudly and scare her.
Thankfully she moved house.
Thankfully she moved house.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
I don't get it , he must have known by my face after he did it for a second time that I wasn't to impressed but when he did it again today I was ready to explode ,I understand it will happen now and then but 3 times in a few days is taking the piss
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Is customer winding me up ?
My pet hate are the w*****s who get packets every f***ing day, and feign surprise when they answer the door, and find it's me again with yet more f***ing packets for them.
Customer: Oh, is/are that/them for me?
Me (and what I'd really love to say): So, that wasn't you on the computer ordering s**t all day, yesterday, then? Course they're for f***ing you, aren't they f***ing always?
Customer: Oh, is/are that/them for me?
Me (and what I'd really love to say): So, that wasn't you on the computer ordering s**t all day, yesterday, then? Course they're for f***ing you, aren't they f***ing always?
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
He might be hiding from creditors and doesn't appear at the door until he's certain it's you. Some of the customers I deliver to get packets nearly every day, but also get mail from the likes of Brighthousechickenwittle wrote:3 times in one week same bloke has waited until I've put 739 card through his door until he finally comes out . I rang bell knocked at door and also shouted postman . I wasn't impressed and told him I've got lots of special deliveries that I need to get done by 1pm and your doing this every day what's going on ? He says your catching me at the wrong time . Next time I won't put card through until the day after and I won't have the item with me ,enough is enough.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
Take it round in the van , who knows you nigh have driven off by the time he answers the door
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Is customer winding me up ?
Many years ago I went to a building that had a secure entrance system. I buzzed the top floor flat that I had a packet for and they let me in but after knocking their front door for a minute or so there was still no answer! I shut noticed it and left the building only to be greeted outside by a cry from the top floor window... "hey postie, did you rap my door?" "Who me? Naw!"
On another occasion this fellow would get packets every day, and every day he'd wait til the shut notice had hit the floor before answering, in his underpants! The last time I had the notice all written out before gently tapping his door, pushing it through quietly before bolting back to the van and speeding off before he could open his door. I saw him rushing out of the building in my rearview mirror!
On another occasion this fellow would get packets every day, and every day he'd wait til the shut notice had hit the floor before answering, in his underpants! The last time I had the notice all written out before gently tapping his door, pushing it through quietly before bolting back to the van and speeding off before he could open his door. I saw him rushing out of the building in my rearview mirror!