ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer lying

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Drdoom217
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 12:00
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Drdoom217 »

I had a customer lie to my face today and it got me enraged. Firstly I should explain. I was delivering post on my normal route today when a dog came round the corner of a house and went for me. It wasn't a big dog but still if startled me. I stomped my foot to scare off the dog and it ran away. As I was getting back into my van and leaving the drive I heard someone shouting excuse me. So I got out realising it was the owner and was then subjected to lies and false accusations. Basically she said I kicked her dog.tbis set me off on one. Firstly she wasn't there so how she says she "seen" me do it infuriated me. Just don't understand why she would say that.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Sir Henry »

People are arseholes, this sounds like an instance of this well documented phenomenon.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by visigoth »

I had one years back lie in a complaint against me. Over the following weeks I discovered from neighbours that she "wasn't all there". Might be a similar thing.
Drdoom217
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 12:00
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Drdoom217 »

I'm not overly worried as I know I didn't do anything wrong but to me that's not the point the fact of the matter is she could be an arsehole and try and cause me problems with work. I meant why would u do that to someone lie and possible cause them bother with work.

Anyways I've told the manager I won't be delivering her mail anymore someone else can do it or she can come and get it.
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Customer lying

Post by max power »

Kill all the mail off for a couple of weeks :nervous
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by datasaint »

Slightly OT but I had a yappy little dog catch me unaware from behind on the pavement and started chasing round my ankles, obviously this startled me and probably made me look stupid reacting the way I did, but I didn't need the owner who was standing watching from afar to laugh and then call their dog back like they've done absolutely no wrong. We're trying to do a job and you're letting your dog run around being a nuisance in a public space. :mad :thumbdown
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Creditshampoo »

If you were going to be attacked by a dog you're fullyou entitled to protect yourself I would have kicked it proper hard myself
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Postie45 »

you are justified in kicking a dog if you believe it was aggressive and could have bitten you, it would have been reasonable force to stop the attack. Also the owner probably isnt lying, im sure they genuinely thing you kicked their dog, so mistaken rather than lying.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by scoobydo79 »

What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about?? :mad
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now. :arrrghhh
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by bustedflush »

scoobydo79 wrote:What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about?? :mad
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now. :arrrghhh


Didn't you get issued one of these? Naptha jelly with oxygen blast boost, never got bit once, stopped a Jack Russell 50 feet away, never got off the doorstep.

There's even a clip on the backstrap to attach your PDA to. See your DIM.
zbull1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Customer lying

Post by Justanotherstar »

Should have said next time you let it loose i'll step on the little c***s neck.
bettyflo16
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Sep 2015, 14:17
Gender: Female

Customer lying

Post by bettyflo16 »

bustedflush wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about?? :mad
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now. :arrrghhh


Didn't you get issued one of these? Naptha jelly with oxygen blast boost, never got bit once, stopped a Jack Russell 50 feet away, never got off the doorstep.

There's even a clip on the backstrap to attach your PDA to. See your DIM.
zbull1.JPG
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Customer lying

Post by max power »

Had this happen today
i knocked on door no answer wrote a 739 out and posted it with letters
went next door posted their letters other door opened
"have you got this mate" he said i said yes and i did knock
NO YOU EFFING DIDNT he said
i said i did and you never heard me
he said NO YOU NEVER you NEVER DO
i said oh just piss of you knobhead :Very Happy



why can't they just admit to not hearing a knock on the door :d'oh!