ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shortcutting?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
angelcakes8791
Posts: 23
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
Gender: Female

Shortcutting?

Post by angelcakes8791 »

Has anyone ever been caught shortcutting? For example walking across grass or cutting through a gap in a bush or tree area?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by worktotime »

nahh , its hard with a lwt , :left:
angelcakes8791
Posts: 23
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
Gender: Female

Shortcutting?

Post by angelcakes8791 »

What's a lwt?
smarterdarter
Posts: 269
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
Location: Location: Location:

Shortcutting?

Post by smarterdarter »

Large Wobbly Tummy?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Shortcutting?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?
London Weekend Television ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Shortcutting?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?

lightweight trolley

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by rubberbond »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?

lightweight trolley

Image
Good grief, I've only ever seen those folded up and slung in the yard,or various parts of the office,wondered what they were for. Thank you for enlightening me.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Shortcutting?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
angelcakes8791
Posts: 23
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
Gender: Female

Shortcutting?

Post by angelcakes8791 »

Yeah I use one of those but the last part of the round is a bag and some woman caught me getting through a gap in her hedge and went mental was very awkward :oops:
Haven't been back since! Got my partner to deliver to hers now :Very Happy
Lance Jack
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by Lance Jack »

I had an old boy moaning at me about walking across his path by his bay window. It was raining hard, cold and my waterproofs where rubbish and he really turned it into the end of the world. He got two, three, four letters a day, after that I posted them one at a time with a little flick so each one landed in a different place in his porch, not in one go where they all land in a group the other side of the letterbox. Couple of times I see him bending over and moving about the porch picking each letter up individually.
I admit, a very silly way of irritating him but it made me feel better
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by fishtank »

One of our idiots cut across a front garden only to hear a loud banging, he turned around to see the DOM staring out his living room window at him.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by yubin282 »

a customer once told me "that path isn't for walking on"
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by telithowitis »

One of my loops I have a road where I can go up and down 20-25 steps per house OR walk across the lawn.... What do you think?!!!!
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by bustedflush »

rubberbond wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?

lightweight trolley

Image
Good grief, I've only ever seen those folded up and slung in the yard,or various parts of the office,wondered what they were for. Thank you for enlightening me.

I found one in the back of a LWB Transit once when working on my own, sliding about in the back. Rang the DIM and asked what is was for and what I should do with it, was told to tie it down or put it in the cab to stop the banging. Never did find out whose it was or how it unfolded. :neutral:
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 189
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Shortcutting?

Post by ArthurPewty »

It's simple.You don't walk across people's lawns. You don't walk across right in front of their windows, path or no path. Only exception is if the householder has specifically told you you can do it. I don't expect people to walk over my lawn, and I don't walk over theirs. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I call it common courtesy.