ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shortcutting?
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Shortcutting?
Has anyone ever been caught shortcutting? For example walking across grass or cutting through a gap in a bush or tree area?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
nahh , its hard with a lwt , 
-
smarterdarter
- Posts: 269
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
- Location: Location: Location:
Shortcutting?
Large Wobbly Tummy?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Shortcutting?
London Weekend Television ?angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Shortcutting?
angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?
lightweight trolley
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
Good grief, I've only ever seen those folded up and slung in the yard,or various parts of the office,wondered what they were for. Thank you for enlightening me.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?
lightweight trolley
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Shortcutting?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Shortcutting?
Yeah I use one of those but the last part of the round is a bag and some woman caught me getting through a gap in her hedge and went mental was very awkward
Haven't been back since! Got my partner to deliver to hers now
Haven't been back since! Got my partner to deliver to hers now
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
I had an old boy moaning at me about walking across his path by his bay window. It was raining hard, cold and my waterproofs where rubbish and he really turned it into the end of the world. He got two, three, four letters a day, after that I posted them one at a time with a little flick so each one landed in a different place in his porch, not in one go where they all land in a group the other side of the letterbox. Couple of times I see him bending over and moving about the porch picking each letter up individually.
I admit, a very silly way of irritating him but it made me feel better
I admit, a very silly way of irritating him but it made me feel better
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
One of our idiots cut across a front garden only to hear a loud banging, he turned around to see the DOM staring out his living room window at him.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
a customer once told me "that path isn't for walking on"
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
One of my loops I have a road where I can go up and down 20-25 steps per house OR walk across the lawn.... What do you think?!!!!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
rubberbond wrote:Good grief, I've only ever seen those folded up and slung in the yard,or various parts of the office,wondered what they were for. Thank you for enlightening me.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:angelcakes8791 wrote:What's a lwt?
lightweight trolley
I found one in the back of a LWB Transit once when working on my own, sliding about in the back. Rang the DIM and asked what is was for and what I should do with it, was told to tie it down or put it in the cab to stop the banging. Never did find out whose it was or how it unfolded.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Shortcutting?
It's simple.You don't walk across people's lawns. You don't walk across right in front of their windows, path or no path. Only exception is if the householder has specifically told you you can do it. I don't expect people to walk over my lawn, and I don't walk over theirs. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I call it common courtesy.