ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Customer lying
-
Drdoom217
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 12:00
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
I had a customer lie to my face today and it got me enraged. Firstly I should explain. I was delivering post on my normal route today when a dog came round the corner of a house and went for me. It wasn't a big dog but still if startled me. I stomped my foot to scare off the dog and it ran away. As I was getting back into my van and leaving the drive I heard someone shouting excuse me. So I got out realising it was the owner and was then subjected to lies and false accusations. Basically she said I kicked her dog.tbis set me off on one. Firstly she wasn't there so how she says she "seen" me do it infuriated me. Just don't understand why she would say that.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
People are arseholes, this sounds like an instance of this well documented phenomenon.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
I had one years back lie in a complaint against me. Over the following weeks I discovered from neighbours that she "wasn't all there". Might be a similar thing.
-
Drdoom217
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 12:00
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
I'm not overly worried as I know I didn't do anything wrong but to me that's not the point the fact of the matter is she could be an arsehole and try and cause me problems with work. I meant why would u do that to someone lie and possible cause them bother with work.
Anyways I've told the manager I won't be delivering her mail anymore someone else can do it or she can come and get it.
Anyways I've told the manager I won't be delivering her mail anymore someone else can do it or she can come and get it.
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Customer lying
Kill all the mail off for a couple of weeks 
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
Slightly OT but I had a yappy little dog catch me unaware from behind on the pavement and started chasing round my ankles, obviously this startled me and probably made me look stupid reacting the way I did, but I didn't need the owner who was standing watching from afar to laugh and then call their dog back like they've done absolutely no wrong. We're trying to do a job and you're letting your dog run around being a nuisance in a public space.

-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
If you were going to be attacked by a dog you're fullyou entitled to protect yourself I would have kicked it proper hard myself
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
you are justified in kicking a dog if you believe it was aggressive and could have bitten you, it would have been reasonable force to stop the attack. Also the owner probably isnt lying, im sure they genuinely thing you kicked their dog, so mistaken rather than lying.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about??
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now.
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
scoobydo79 wrote:What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about??![]()
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now.
Didn't you get issued one of these? Naptha jelly with oxygen blast boost, never got bit once, stopped a Jack Russell 50 feet away, never got off the doorstep.
There's even a clip on the backstrap to attach your PDA to. See your DIM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Customer lying
Should have said next time you let it loose i'll step on the little c***s neck.
-
bettyflo16
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 16 Sep 2015, 14:17
- Gender: Female
Customer lying
bustedflush wrote:scoobydo79 wrote:What the F happened to the chemical aerosol dog repellents We were hearing about??![]()
Come on Royal Mail.Your H&S is just bluster. You should have this sorted by now.
Didn't you get issued one of these? Naptha jelly with oxygen blast boost, never got bit once, stopped a Jack Russell 50 feet away, never got off the doorstep.
There's even a clip on the backstrap to attach your PDA to. See your DIM.
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Customer lying
Had this happen today
i knocked on door no answer wrote a 739 out and posted it with letters
went next door posted their letters other door opened
"have you got this mate" he said i said yes and i did knock
NO YOU EFFING DIDNT he said
i said i did and you never heard me
he said NO YOU NEVER you NEVER DO
i said oh just piss of you knobhead
why can't they just admit to not hearing a knock on the door
i knocked on door no answer wrote a 739 out and posted it with letters
went next door posted their letters other door opened
"have you got this mate" he said i said yes and i did knock
NO YOU EFFING DIDNT he said
i said i did and you never heard me
he said NO YOU NEVER you NEVER DO
i said oh just piss of you knobhead
why can't they just admit to not hearing a knock on the door