ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by 19times »

Pros and Cons please.

I am currently doing a vanshare duty but an opportunely to do a singleton mainly business only walk has cropped up.

I would have to drop 3 hrs in order to apply. I quite like the idea of a change but wondering If losing 3 hrs would be worth it.

I can't decide :arrrghhh

Thoughts?
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by woody38 »

19times wrote:Pros and Cons please.

I am currently doing a vanshare duty but an opportunely to do a singleton mainly business only walk has cropped up.

I would have to drop 3 hrs in order to apply. I quite like the idea of a change but wondering If losing 3 hrs would be worth it.

I can't decide :arrrghhh

Thoughts?
I would go for it I used to do a business round less stress, no hassle of working with somebody else, find out first if they add extra onto it on Saturday or Christmas period when firms are closed, u will pay less tax so it kinds of balances out, but find out also how it effects your pension especially if u are f t at the moment.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by Creditshampoo »

No door 2 doors to worry about
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by koolishy67 »

Prefer business delivery
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by datasaint »

Business delivery? You mean a firms delivery.

Piece of cake. Takes a little longer to prep due to greater volume of mail, but when you're out there you have fewer drops and can get rid of everything as everybody is there.

Pros: Working by yourself, can leave office earlier as you'll likely get 9am specials, back earlier.

Cons: As you're by yourself management might try and single you out and load more work on you, less tips at xmas.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by postslippete »

I would drop the hours like a shot to work on my own on a business duty


Reason being is that they tend to get out the office earlier!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
BadPostman
Posts: 46
Joined: 26 Jun 2015, 22:42
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by BadPostman »

I do a firms delivery and get pizza leaflets as door to doors nearly every week
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by 19times »

Thanks all for the replies.

I think I'll bite the bullet and apply.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Park 'n Poop Vs Business Delivery

Post by joewyan »

BadPostman wrote:I do a firms delivery and get pizza leaflets as door to doors nearly every week

Surely that's still better than having pizza leaflets plus another 4 for 600+ drops?