I transferred to the business start of January and this is my experience so far in 2 months.
Went for interview, got told I was working 30 hours with 8am and 8:30am starts depending on day which I was happy with. Less than 1 week in and with no notice this changed to 9am and 9:30 starts except for Saturday which was 7:25am start. Manager said I was told this in the interview, I said I wasn't, he walked off. Got told because of changes I would be expected to take 2 extra loops out on Weds and Thurs and 1 on Friday
Couple weeks after above got told I have to take an extra loop out on Saturday which I queried as I was not initially told this. Find out after doing this for maybe 3 weeks that I should not be taking extra loop out because of my start and finish time which I speak to the manager about. 2 days later, no notice given my Saturday hours are changed to allow for the extra loop. Apparently those who start at 7:25am don't have to do the extra loop but those who start at 8am do despite both parties working same amount of hours.
Recieved no pay for 3 weeks because apparently I was still working for Parcelforce. Ordered uniform maybe 2 weeks ago, asked about it this week and got told there was an issue because apparently i'm still working for Parcelforce although I have been getting paid by RM. Told this has now been rectified, again.
Been pulled into the office 3 times for work place coach chats on stuff I have recieved no training on. My training was 2 days of been shown how to post letters. No PDA training, 739 training, collecting from post boxes, nothing else has been shown to me. Everything else I know has been picked up.
Knowing I had holiday leave left I have been asking since I started what holidays I have because I carried some over. After 4 weeks was told I had none, nothing. Not happy with this I kept asking and got told to speak to previous manager. Previous manager said speak to current manager. Spoke to a different depot manager this week find out i've used 20 days holiday, have 3.5 left and possibly some holiday carried over. This manager spoke to top manager in the depot who said I could not have it and would have to be paid for because this was Parcelforce leave and nothing to do with RM. Phone HR as soon as I get in who tell me that is not true and that I can have my leave or carry 5 days over depeneding on what I actually have.
That's about it.Also don't think i'm being paid right but been told it may go up after 6 months or something. Another query for HR.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My Royal Mail experience so far.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
My Royal Mail experience so far.
So what you saying then? Your not happy?
Yes unfortunately it seems the norm nowadays, I work with a very simple attitude, I have a start time and a finish time, I'll sweep the floor in that time if they ask me to, but not a minute over unless I choose to.
They can give me 4 loops or 44 loops it makes no difference.
Hope you get your issues sorted ASAP.
Yes unfortunately it seems the norm nowadays, I work with a very simple attitude, I have a start time and a finish time, I'll sweep the floor in that time if they ask me to, but not a minute over unless I choose to.
They can give me 4 loops or 44 loops it makes no difference.
Hope you get your issues sorted ASAP.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
Just thought of 2 more things I'm not sure about. Got told I'm expected to take breaks at the end of shift. Not i have to but am expected. I also, despite asking don't know my actual break allowance.
The one thing I do fully understand is the attitude of say 75% of the workforce towards the managers and actual job.
The one thing I do fully understand is the attitude of say 75% of the workforce towards the managers and actual job.
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
Sounds pretty standard way for RM managers to run their business - Complete Shambles.
If you can cope with it stay, if not you'll have to leave, as it will never improve unless RM change their whole management structure, and employee proper managers who know how to people manage. There is a Few Good Managers out there, but they are few and far between.
If you can cope with it stay, if not you'll have to leave, as it will never improve unless RM change their whole management structure, and employee proper managers who know how to people manage. There is a Few Good Managers out there, but they are few and far between.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
Why did you leave Parcelforce?
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
TBT recently posted a pic for breaks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
Can I ask was parcelforce run better ? How comes you changed ? And did you get to keep your full time hours ?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
He did put he was working 30 hours!South_London_Postie wrote:Can I ask was parcelforce run better ? How comes you changed ? And did you get to keep your full time hours ?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
My Royal Mail experience so far.
Shocking that wpc is coaching you AFTER you make mistakes on something that the manager should have asked them to do in your training period. People on here slate wpc but it's the management who don't use them correctly that's at fault. A good wpc should be the best introduction to the business for a new starter and the best chance for the business to retain the new starter however, most managers fail to see this. It is they who are 'wasting' money, not the wpc. Gl mate, it does get better when your settled in.