ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 years service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gunnerj
Posts: 12
Joined: 14 Oct 2016, 15:24
Gender: Male

20 years service

Post by gunnerj »

I pay for extra annual leave and I am approaching 20 years service, do I just stop paying on the date, also what nice long service award am i going to look forward to :dance
shepherdess
Posts: 445
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
Gender: Female

20 years service

Post by shepherdess »

It stops automatically , the vouchers I believe have stopped so it's an evening out ie dinner and dance and some free drinks :Boo hoo!
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

20 years service

Post by plaguelift »

The evening out, drinks and dancing have even stopped! I was invited to a lunch with a complimenary drink on a Sunday afternoon at a fanyish hotel for my 20th (although I did get £80 in vouchers). Long gone are the nights out with dinner and as much free drink as you couldn't handle.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

20 years service

Post by nickbsmooth »

The company could give away cars in the future as rewards,because no one will physically achieve 20yrs service.
Mr T
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:04
Gender: Male

20 years service

Post by Mr T »

All I got was a silver pin and a perspex plaque lat march . No dinner or vouchers or anything like that
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

20 years service

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gunnerj wrote:I pay for extra annual leave and I am approaching 20 years service, do I just stop paying on the date, also what nice long service award am i going to look forward to :dance

With regard to POAL. No the year of your 20th anniversary you will pay a pro-rata amount to cover the part of the year when you were not entitled to 6 weeks. You don't stop paying till you have reached a full year when you are entitled to 6 weeks, normally the 21st year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
burnie1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 09:30
Gender: Male

20 years service

Post by burnie1969 »

Just reached 20 years service....

Lapel badge and extra weeks annual leave was all I got....my DOM also presented me the badge 2 weeks early.