I've read through a few previous posts but couldn't see a topic related to my situation so was looking for some advice. I have been told by OH Assist that those above are looking to medically retire me which I don't really want. I am currently doing a reduced duty as I have problems with my feet. I am waiting on surgery to correct this. I have had a couple of dates previously that haven't gone ahead due to other medical problems not allowing me to go under anesthetic. I have been told that if the waiting period is going to be too long then they would have to consider medical retirement.
My rep is involved and has helped greatly regarding my duty, as has my manager. I suspect pressure from above is the cause of this. Anyone know where I stand regarding this or can suggest my next move?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
IHR question
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
IHR question
Are you covered under the Equality Act as you mentioned you have other medical problems?
If you are covered then your in a strong position despite what some turds in management or indeed the union
might tell you.
If you are currently doing a reduced duty then why can't this be continued?
If you are covered then your in a strong position despite what some turds in management or indeed the union
If you are currently doing a reduced duty then why can't this be continued?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
IHR question
Have spoken to OH Assist who also are of the opinion that if I cannot get back to normal duties within a specific time I will have to be a candidate for IHR. Things are still up in the air at the moment but I will contest it for as long as the union will support me.
Has no one questioned whether you can sue royal mail? I've heard of people suing their employers after suffering with RSI {Repetitive Strain Injury}) successfully. We have had 4 medical retirements in an office of 22 over the past 5 or so years, I would be the fifth.
Are there statistics in regard to IHR or early retirements due to injury. We have also had people on temporary contracts not renewed because injury has crippled them.
Has no one questioned whether you can sue royal mail? I've heard of people suing their employers after suffering with RSI {Repetitive Strain Injury}) successfully. We have had 4 medical retirements in an office of 22 over the past 5 or so years, I would be the fifth.
Are there statistics in regard to IHR or early retirements due to injury. We have also had people on temporary contracts not renewed because injury has crippled them.