ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lease car actual cost ?
-
penlanpostie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:15
- Gender: Male
Lease car actual cost ?
I'm thinking of getting a zenith lease car and I've heard the amount you actually lose from your net pay is less than they quote , can anybody confirm this and also does your tax code change or is it possible they haven't taken the benefit in kind tax yet and could claim it back from you ?
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Lease car actual cost ?
I think you don't pay tax on it so take away 20% from the quoted price...when you do a quote they show you the actual cost as well as the quoted cost.
-
brazil1212
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:58
- Gender: Male
Lease car actual cost ?
My quote was £70 a week before tax and £62 after tax but I actually pay £50 after so it £12 cheaper
-
penlanpostie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:15
- Gender: Male
Lease car actual cost ?
Thanks for replying , a guy in work with me was quoted £70 would come out of his net pay but he's only actually losing £48 , I guess it must be down to how much you earn
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Lease car actual cost ?
Yes its salary sacrifice, the lease payment is taken from your wages before Tax and NI is deducted! Be quick as this ends in April iirc!
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Lease car actual cost ?
The sooner the better really. Should never have introduced it in the first place.