ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by eastie »

Got BURSITIS of the elbow and absolute kills with pain
Caused by RSI
What treatment did you get as you are supposed to rest your arm
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by rubberbond »

Anti-inflammatories 500mg. Best see your GP for those ,in case you are on other medication,that might be contra -indicated,to taking them,in that case you get Naproxen, always read the label,as they say!
Last edited by rubberbond on 27 Feb 2017, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
shepherdess
Posts: 445
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
Gender: Female

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by shepherdess »

Go to your GP and ask for a cortisone injection :thumbup
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by plaguelift »

I had tennis elbow due to RSI (I know bursitis is much worse, I don't envy you) and I was given anti inflammitories (and I took paracetamol as well). They took the edge off the pain but ultimately it's rest and time that heals it. The doctor asked me was I due any time off soon (no) and could i rest my elbow at work (sorting mail, no), so I just had to put up with it. It lasted about six months, and I still get the odd twinge, but it is much better. Get well soon.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by Darren Bent »

I got sore elbow for few months. Can you describe your Bursitis and Tennis elbow so I might have an idea if it is the same thing or not.
postiebabe
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 19:17
Gender: Female

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by postiebabe »

I'm currentley suffering . docs on Wednesday for me.
I'm hoping they'll give me the cortisone injection as I'm at my wits end,
Too much bookin in !
hope you get some relief soon
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by eastie »

Darren Bent wrote:I got sore elbow for few months. Can you describe your Bursitis and Tennis elbow so I might have an idea if it is the same thing or not.
Can't straighten elbow, elbow feels warm to the touch. elbow is swollen and very painful , cant sleep due to the pain at night
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by plaguelift »

Tennis elbow symptoms are similar. Sore to straighten arm, (even now I can't carry a heavy shopping basket), sore when I lifted my arm to sort mail in to the top row of a frame, slightly swollen elbow and the elbow was painful when touched. I went to my GP who checked it wasn't coming from the neck or shoulder. It's a swelling of the tendons where they join your elbow (usually due to RSI), you could even pinpoint where the tendons join the elbow by putting your finger on the point where it is most painful. Cortisone injections are steroids and really only used for joint pain (arthritis for example) and not for tennis elbow which is swelling of tendons. Rest and anti inflammitories work. Best advice is to see your GP.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by Chelseablue »

Cortisone injections waste of time, weve three ppl with elbow problems in office. Tendons are not great at healing , you need rest which wont happen unless you take a few weeks/months off . Due to sorting a lot more duties etc , more ppl are goin to suffer from this problem , will the rm look into this erm no chance .
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Anyone had BURSITIS of the elbow ?

Post by Darren Bent »

I think outdoor merging doesn't help either but not sure if this is causing the problem.