ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advise please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Scottmurphy8
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 09:38
Gender: Male

Advise please

Post by Scottmurphy8 »

Hi all,

Manager called me into the office today as a bundle of mail was found in the top compartment of the van I was using from a few weeks ago. Apparently been sitting there for 3/4 weeks. The day that it was supposedly left there I used van and no one signed van out after me and I used van next day. Obviously I did not put the bundle there. More than likely someone has used the van and forgot about the bundle of mail. But with no one having signed the van out after me it makes it look like it could be me.

I've told my manager I don't have a clue about the bundle. But I now have to sit down with my manager and have an interview about it. And there will be an investigation but like I said to my manager no one is likely to remember or even come forward about what I would hope to be an accident by someone.

Any advice to what may happen from here?
shepherdess
Posts: 445
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
Gender: Female

Advise please

Post by shepherdess »

Check if there is a discrepancy in the mileage in the vehicle log to see if the van has been used
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Advise please

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If you are in the Union get the rep involved.

Did you do the area the bundle was from, or did your partner.

Question to ask was why no one was signing out the Van, that's not only a breach of procedure by the Posties, its lack of oversight by the manager, and if an accident or illegal act had occurred the manager could be in trouble with the Police.

Also I have deleted 2 other threads as experience has taught us that more than 1 thread on an important matter just confuses the response's and that could be detrimental to your defence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Scottmurphy8
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 09:38
Gender: Male

Advise please

Post by Scottmurphy8 »

The bundle was on a duty that is lapsed all year round. Would have been taken out as extra when people get back early from the delivery.

Will check log book tomorrow. And speak with my rep.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Advise please

Post by Pompey Boy »

shepherdess wrote:Check if there is a discrepancy in the mileage in the vehicle log to see if the van has been used
Good advice.

Could be a plant by management - have you done anything to upset them recently or have they been on your back at all?

Lesson is to check the vehicle throughout at the end of your duty and sign in the logbook to say that you have do so.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
postman123dart
Posts: 20
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 15:35
Gender: Male

Advise please

Post by postman123dart »

can you check for any dated mail or was it dsa. also any d2d might show which week they are from.