ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bervement leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kirsty952002
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
Gender: Female

Bervement leave

Post by Kirsty952002 »

Just a quick question, my dad passed yesterday, who was also a postie. I can't seem to find anything of bereavement leave. I'm panicking because I'm on an level 1 attendance and I can't be doing with all this process again. To be honest it is the last thing on my mind, but just for re assurance.

Many thanks
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Bervement leave

Post by picture123 »

You're entitled to a week for immediate family member or spouse/partner
therailway
Posts: 100
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
Gender: Male

Bervement leave

Post by therailway »

Sorry for your loss. Use this link for Special Leave Policy,
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Time ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to be fair to RM when I lost my wife to cancer they treated me very well.
Kirsty952002
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
Gender: Female

Bervement leave

Post by Kirsty952002 »

Thank you guys, that has helped. I lost my dad to advance prostate cancer.

Appreciated
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Bervement leave

Post by greengiant »

Sorry for your loss, Kirsty.

I lost my father suddenly last year, just as I was about to go on annual leave. So the first of my three weeks summer leave ended up being bereavement leave, and I got the week credited back

I was glad of the two weeks leave though after the bereavement leave , as due my father passing prior to the may bank holiday, it took a long time to get things organised for the funeral (post mortem due to sudden death delayed due to bank holidays etc, then organising funeral etc)

Sorry again for your loss, and I hope the things which need to be organised go smoothly.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Bervement leave

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Sorry for your loss Kirsty x
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Bervement leave

Post by lightningpostman »

picture123 wrote:You're entitled to a week for immediate family member or spouse/partner
how about a fellow postie or your P&l partner?
Reo
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Bervement leave

Post by Reo »

Sorry for your loss , my mum died in January and I have been off since , you get a week from Royal Mail but if you don't feel you can go back just yet go see your doctor and get a note , no one can tell you how long it takes to feel ready to return , just cover yourself with a doctors note xx