When i started in Jan i was told my hours would be roughly 8am-2pm everyday. 4 days later this changed to 9am-2pm Mon and Tues, 9:30am-4:30pm Weds and Thurs, 9:30am-3:30pm Fri and 7:30am-1:30pm Sat.
Last Sat the manager rang me while I was out on duty and said he had my extra loop ready for when I got back. The guy I was with said I shouldn't be taking extra loops out on Sat because of my start and finish times. The people doing 8am-2pm should be doing the extra loop. So I said I wasn't doing it unless I had time, which in the end I didn't.
Today the manager came to my house on my day off with an ammeded work timetable and had changed my Sat hours from 7:30am-1:30pm to 8am-2pm and posted it through my door.
Is all this normal for managers to change hours when they feel like and visit you and stuff?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manager coming to house on day off?
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Manager coming to house on day off?
Its not reasonable notice if it takes immediate effect, get a trusted rep on it.
So they can change your hours, with reasonable notice, but not change the amount of hours over the week because the contract normally doesn't state particular hours, just the amount over the week.
So they can change your hours, with reasonable notice, but not change the amount of hours over the week because the contract normally doesn't state particular hours, just the amount over the week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
I would have opened the door and set the dog on him
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
I don't know what the official line is with regards managers visiting the homes of posties unannounced but I should like to see the union pushing to establish some ground rules here.
Rule number one :- managers do not turn up at our houses unannounced - wether that be on matters of sickness leave or otherwise.
I mean, to be honest, if my mate turns up unannounced its a bit of a pain in the arse. And we are friends. When a manager does it, even to hand post a letter (why would he do that FFS - this is Royal Mail), then its altogether an unwelcome infringement upon my privacy.
Keep away from my property unless you are invited.
That is my right, surely.
Rule number one :- managers do not turn up at our houses unannounced - wether that be on matters of sickness leave or otherwise.
I mean, to be honest, if my mate turns up unannounced its a bit of a pain in the arse. And we are friends. When a manager does it, even to hand post a letter (why would he do that FFS - this is Royal Mail), then its altogether an unwelcome infringement upon my privacy.
Keep away from my property unless you are invited.
That is my right, surely.
Last edited by jetblack on 21 Feb 2017, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
Managers are regularly coming to the door to post letters. They are the second tier of posties in our office.
But regarding your change in contractual hours - it depends on your employment contract and whether you are in agreement with it. Regardless, Royal Mail should at least give you something like one weeks notice in writing to end your old contract.
But regarding your change in contractual hours - it depends on your employment contract and whether you are in agreement with it. Regardless, Royal Mail should at least give you something like one weeks notice in writing to end your old contract.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
My hours have been 30hours since I transferred it's just the manager just seems to change them when they feel like. I had my new contract but haven't signed it or sent it off. It just amazes me that they can do this just like that especially come to your house uninvited on your day off.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
smok3y666 wrote: Today the manager came to my house on my day off with an ammeded work timetable and had changed my Sat hours from 7:30am-1:30pm to 8am-2pm and posted it through my door.
Put a dead sticker on anything that comes through.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
He's breaching your Human Rights, more specifically, Article 8," the right to a private & family life".jetblack wrote:I don't know what the official line is with regards managers visiting the homes of posties unannounced but I should like to see the union pushing to establish some ground rules here.
Rule number one :- managers do not turn up at our houses unannounced - wether that be on matters of sickness leave or otherwise.
I mean, to be honest, if my mate turns up unannounced its a bit of a pain in the arse. And we are friends. When a manager does it, even to hand post a letter (why would he do that FFS - this is Royal Mail), then its altogether an unwelcome infringement upon my privacy.
Keep away from my property unless you are invited.
That is my right, surely.
Tell him you will be seeking legal advice ,just because, a) he's not human and b) has no life,doesn't mean he can affect your rights, that should keep the bastard away.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
And so it goes on,this can't be right surely? it's laughable how this business is run and what people getaway with! It's either acceptable or not,union must be doing something surely? Please,yes? Please tell me they are,
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Manager coming to house on day off?
I thought the Union had to agree any changes of hours, for any members & non-members. Speak to your Union rep.
Having said that the Union seem to be getting weaker & weaker, so probably wont make any difference.
Having said that the Union seem to be getting weaker & weaker, so probably wont make any difference.