ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice period temp contract
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
Hello, was wondering dose anyone know if I need to give notice to leave? 24 hour temporary contract
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice period temp contract
Your contract should say as at the moment they seem to be changing new entrants to 1 months notice. Mine is 1 week.Decpassat06 wrote:Hello, was wondering dose anyone know if I need to give notice to leave? 24 hour temporary contract
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
It says 4 weeks notice, is there a way to shortan this?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your contract should say as at the moment they seem to be changing new entrants to 1 months notice. Mine is 1 week.Decpassat06 wrote:Hello, was wondering dose anyone know if I need to give notice to leave? 24 hour temporary contract
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice period temp contract
Decpassat06 wrote:It says 4 weeks notice, is there a way to shorten this?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your contract should say as at the moment they seem to be changing new entrants to 1 months notice. Mine is 1 week.Decpassat06 wrote:Hello, was wondering dose anyone know if I need to give notice to leave? 24 hour temporary contract
See your rep and see if you can get a "Mutual Agreement".
But before you do make sure you understand the financial consequences. You won't be able to claim benefits for a while (13 years ago I was sanctioned for 6 weeks when I resigned), and try to get independent advice from ACAS, or Union Line if you are a member. (you probably need your membership number when calling them).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
If I leave no benefits will be needed as I have another job lined upTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Decpassat06 wrote:It says 4 weeks notice, is there a way to shorten this?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your contract should say as at the moment they seem to be changing new entrants to 1 months notice. Mine is 1 week.Decpassat06 wrote:Hello, was wondering dose anyone know if I need to give notice to leave? 24 hour temporary contract
See your rep and see if you can get a "Mutual Agreement".
But before you do make sure you understand the financial consequences. You won't be able to claim benefits for a while (13 years ago I was sanctioned for 6 weeks when I resigned), and try to get independent advice from ACAS, or Union Line if you are a member. (you probably need your membership number when calling them).
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
I thought you could leave by "mutual consent", during your training period, such as it is,without the requisite notice.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
Most people who have left from temp contracts in our DO, and there are many, just walk out and don't come back.You could say it's RM fault for not issuing permenant contracts? You can't have your cake and eat it!! If I were you and you have a job you want to go with I would just go when it suits you.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Notice period temp contract
Spot on, could n't agree more.telithowitis wrote:Most people who have left from temp contracts in our DO, and there are many, just walk out and don't come back.You could say it's RM fault for not issuing permenant contracts? You can't have your cake and eat it!! If I were you and you have a job you want to go with I would just go when it suits you.
'Libraries gave us power'